Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 29 July 2020

I scream ice-cream!

Hello all, we have had some sunshine today and the weather forecast says it's going to be hot on Friday!


My journal pages about hot days in Paris. When we went last year at the end of our France trip the heatwave was over but it was still hot!

Whenever we go to Paris we head to Ile St Louis to the Berthillon ice cream shop they sell lots of different flavours and it is sometimes difficult to choose.( we usually end up with combination of different ones.)
Most of the year I don't eat ice-cream as it puts my sugar levels up but we walk so much in Paris that I kind of justify it!
My page features some of my new Janet Klein figures.
The background was made by applying paint with my fingers and blending it in.
I added some stencilling with a dotty stencil by Aall and Create and also used  number/text stamp and added some washi tape.
I cut some cones and the ice lolly from a magazine and stamped some Simon says Stamp cones too.
The magazine pics had people on the cones which I replaced with the JK figures. I added some white paint to the lolly(I think it's called a popsicle in the US)and then added the little dog enjoying the cold ice. The Eiffel Tower was cut from some Jane Davenport washi along wth some cloud shapes I made with the waste.
Finally I added some stamped flowers and 'I Scream' quote from the SSS ice-cream set and found some TH words which tells you why and when we eat the Berthillon ice creams.
We walk down to the Seine and enjoy the views.

I am entering at 

Country View Challenges - 'Do What makes You Happy' - as well as the reasons for this page I also love art journaling. 

This page is also for


Thanks for looking, Chris  

10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-I love your page-so fun

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a fun playful page. Ah ice cream-yum! What is anymore fun to eat on a hot day. And I am loving those Janet Klein figures and must admit I've bought a couple myself. I bet they love ice cream! Thanks so much for all your pages this month. They are much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Quirky came to mind when I saw this adorable journal entry. It's so cute and adorable, too. I love ice cream and had some earlier this evening. This is a fun piece and those new JK figures are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing these with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme, dear friend.

Iris Flavia said...

Love this, and imagine! My sweet tooth woke up and we screamed Ice-cream last Saturday :-)
Well, just in Braunschweig, but... yum. Hugs from here.

Annie said...

Hi Chris xx I hope you are well and staying safe xx What a clever heading for your post and I adore it xx The colours lift my spirits and certainly remid me of ice cream xx Great stamps that sit perfectly atop the background xx

Happy weekend and huge hugs
Annie xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is something so funny with these figures and great your background with all the details on it matches the summer feeling ice!
Happy weekend, hugs Elke

Meggymay said...

A fabulous fun page Chris, I'm sure the little people would enjoy an ice cream. thank you for linking to Erika's theme at AJJ , it is a wonderful summer page.
Stay safe
Yvonne xx

Eileen Bergen said...

Darling page, Chris. There's so much going one. I love all the elements and stamps. Hugs, Eileen

Words and Pictures said...

I just love this page - playful, quirky and full of summer colour and joy. It's a treat.
Alison x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Chris, so happy and colourful! The sunshine certainly turned up today didn't it, but we're having a right old thunderstorm at the moment. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx