Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 31 July 2020

I Did It Again!!!

Yesterday morning I popped onto Blogger to add some thing to my blog post - overnight it had flipped to New Blogger so I thought rather stupidly that a quick adjustment wouldn't take that long....how wrong could I be? A whole hour later I was done, but not before a lot of muttering under my breath - hubby came to see what the problem was....!!!!
Overnight, part of my post had disappeared, including a link to AJJ, although when I checked the link there it still went back to my blog, even though any mention of it had disappeared in my draft.
So, before I could even begin what I went on for I had to correct that.
I then looked through my post and more had disappeared - corrected that. By that time I was really stressed and 40 minutes had passed by as I had to keep waiting for it to catch up. At that moment a message popped up saying that my computer would work better if I closed down my blog...what??? I hadn't even begun to do what I meant to do!!! 
I carried on regardless, but very slowly and finally closed my blog and tried to find where to lodge my views. I still haven't found how because where I thought I could, it gave a message saying that they couldn't answer that query - there is clearly a code to be used that they understand ....!!!
Anyhow, I am here now, reverted to old blogger and still debating what I will do - I have years of posts on here and I am reluctant to give them up but if that's what it takes...

I have a final page for Erika's 'When it's Hot' theme at Art Journal Journey. I wish I had more time but I have really enjoyed making  pages for this theme. Thanks for all the fun Erika and to those who left such lovely comments on my blog! I have tried to visit other folk but not as often as I would like (however I did send lots of samples off for the Crafty Individuals Hochanda shows next week!)
  It is an A6 page, the smallest permissible at AJJ and I just used some scraps(part of Elizabeth's napkin is here too) and stamped images on a stencilled background to create a 'Hot' page.

There, done - in 26 minutes!

Today we heard that there are more restrictions in place for our area. This was after we had been out for the morning so I will relate the happy moments we had at TSFT next Tuesday! 

Thanks for looking, Chris.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you are having problems with new Blogger. I've been using it for a few weeks and am slowly getting used to it. If you want to give feedback click on the question mark top right in a little circle. Anyway, your page is fabulous. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Sorry for all the troubles-I really haven't had any troubles so far but I only use a desk top computer so maybe that's why.
Love your latest journal page for Erika's theme. this month just went by so fast for me I only did one entry Happy Friday Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

They are going to have to DRAG me kicking and SCREAMING into the "NEW" blogger because I tried it and hate it. I've already clicked Legacy, but now I understand even Legacy goes away in late August. That will not be good.

I'm super impressed you already used part of the napkin I sent and I love that little girl. You and Erika are on the same wavelength, because she seems to be drawn to those little girls, too. Thanks for your one last entry using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in Chris. This is a fabulous journal page and I love the quirky image. I reverted to the legacy blogger straight away after reading how other folk were finding it a problem.
Stay safe, its still worrying times for us here in the UK.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you managed to finish your post and get this in. I just got the little FReda in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to play with her. She is super, and I just love how you used her on the page. Thanks for the inspiration. And I got your ATC yesterday too. It is wonderful. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Eileen Bergen said...

So sorry for your Blogger problems, Chris. Maybe they'll get wise and not impose the new "improved" Blogger after August. Word Press has done something similar. They launched a block editor, which I hate! So many users complained that they gave us the option to use the Classic version until ... they keep moving the date ahead because the block editor has so many bugs.

Love your page. Those stamps are darling. I used Elizabeth's napkin in my last AJJ page for the month too. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Hugs, Eileen