Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 18 July 2020

A quick page...

while it's still cool!
My page is for Erika's 'When It's Hot' theme at Art Journal Journey, although here it is still grey skies...mostly!

I had some gold paint to use up and just sponged it across the page to make some sand.
I added some DI sky and sea. Stamped a seaside town scene that I have had for ages and decided not to colour it, but stamp it with brown ink.
I stamped and fussy cut the Crafty Individuals seagull sitting on the suitcases. I used 'Seaside', another CI stamps and then added another stamp from a freebie set and wrote in 'to the' with a pen

I said it was quick!

Thanks for looking, Chris 


10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Chris. I love how you combine several stamps to make a scene. Those suitcases and seagull really brought the entire scene together. I love it all and it's perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, check your e-mail, dear.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Chris, looks really like old fashioned sea-side. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Chris. You've made a tempting scene. And I am a little jealous it is cool. This heat today is the kind that keeps you stuck inside. Thanks again for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Hav a fabulous rest of your weekend! Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Your page is beautiful Chris-I love it

Rita said...

Very pretty. No seaside here, but lakeshores. ;)

Iris Flavia said...

It´s so beautiful!
I´d need hours or days... I miss seagulls and travelling, thank you for this :-) Hugs! xx

Eileen Bergen said...

It may have been quick to make, but your page is fabulous, Chris! I like the buildings left white like a sketch so they don't overpower the page. You have some fabulous stamps!

Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris, I love the scene you created and am smiling at the seagull, he looks like he is waiting to see where he can go next.
Its a great page for Erika's theme, thank you for joining us there.
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A gorgeous page!!!I love how you were creative again!
Have a good week, hugs Elke

Neet said...

The word "seaside" is particularly lovely - such a nice stamp. I do like your page with the big seagull which gives the whole scene perspective and I think you chose just right not to colour the scene. I did that recently with a pen and ink drawing of mine. Sometimes it just works out for the best.
a lovely page Chris.
hugs, Neet xx