Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 8 March 2018

Spring is on it's way!

We started the day with snow today but we have also had sunshine, which definitely lifts my spirits, it is also waking up the plants!
I made a journal page which started with a Distress Oxide background using Spring colours. I stamped one of my favourite background stamps from Crafty Individuals randomly over the page too.
A little bit of masking and bending of stamps on my acrylic block were needed to group the flowers,some of Jo Firth Young's Paper Artsy set (JOFY25) which were coloured using Paper Artsy Fresco paints.
I stamped and coloured the grass from the flower set and added some more stalks.
My favourite March hare by Tracy Easson came bouncing along too - he was stamped onto paper(then Fussy cut) and onto the page. I coloured him with Crayola Twistables - brown and purple.

Finally I added the sentiment from JOFY54 and inked around the edge of my page with some blue remaining on my sponge! I forgot to wait until the ink dried and had to overwrite the smudged bit!!

I am joining Rosie with her Spring theme at Art Journal Journey 
and 
Penny Black and More for the Feature a Creature challenge this month


Apologies for my lack of visits to some of you. I am working on catching up, but our car has a problem that can't be fixed until next week and we seem to be having a run of meetings and appointments(including a recall due to a patient mix up!!)We are having to either get there by foot or catching public transport - neither of which are a problem, it just takes longer!!!

Thanks for looking
Chris

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, love the stamps used. Have a fun evening, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your journal page is a pleasure to look at - lovely spring feeling for the eyes and soul - you have the most beautiful stamps used and created a heartwarming spring page! Wonderful! Thanks a lot for taking the time for linking to Art Journal Joureny even though you have the being without car problem just now - Can understand that it is not nice... here if I don't have a car the bus connections are horrible - just two times a day to the larger villages .... just annoying - so you can be glad that at least the public transport is good where you live.
Hope you get it fixed soon !
Happy evening Chris!
oxo Susi

Lula said...

Your beautiful page made me think about spring and brought a smile.
Lots of hugs
Lula

Helen said...

the hare is delightful! he goes so well with the flowers, what a great page.

Meggymay said...

I love the hare you added to your beautiful page, its almost as if he is smelling the flowers.
Hope your car gets fixed for you soon,
Yvonne xx

Ellibelle said...

This is so artistic and beautifully done, thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month!

PS: Your card would also fit my new challenge (Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday) on my blog (theme: all creatures great and small). Come check it out if you'd like to :)
xEllie from
"My Creative Moments"


My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page Chris. I like these whimsical stamps you have been using a lot lately. Are they from paper Artsy? Happy Friday. hugs-Erika

brenda said...

Pretty muted background and loving the fun and funky image Chris, many thanks for joining in with our 'Feature a Creature' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This really is adorable Chris a real show of Spring time. You know how much I love that sweet hare stamp. Fabulous journal page.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Tracey xx

Redanne said...

I love that hare too Chris and he looks so happy in amongst all those beautiful flowers... a much needed burst of Spring! We had snow yesterday too but thank goodness it all melted. Sorry to hear about your car... hope the issues get resolved soon. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful journal page, well that's done it Lol! I've ordered the hare stamp! Hope your car gets sorted soon. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was thrilled to see this wonderful art journal entry today. It's beautiful and I love the quote. Those funky flowers really remind me that spring will be here soon.

I feel sorry for you and your car. If I had to rely on public transit, it wouldn't happen. We don't have a good transit system near where I live. I'd have to walk nearly a mile in order to get to the bus stop and then it probably wouldn't take me exactly where I needed to go. I hope things get fixed soon for you two.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OH crud. I forgot to thank you for sharing this journal page with us at Art Journal Journey.

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful page, Chris. LOVE that hare!! He's amazing :-)

Cath x

craftytrog said...

I love that Spring hare! A wonderful page Chris!
Happy Friday,
Alison xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Saw this earlier on Instagram. A super page and I adore your hare a perfect finishing touch.
Julie x

chrissie said...

A wonderful page with neat masking that can't have been easy Chris. Rain here today but we did see the sun yesterday :)

Have a great weekend

Love Chrissie xx

Jeannette said...

beautiful page,love your wonderful flowers,and super stamp of this cute rabbit,your backround just wonderful.
happy weekend.


hugs jenny

Dagmar said...

Your page made me smile. The Bunny is so cute.
Dagmar

Linby said...

What a fab arty composition. I love all the stamps you used and it looks great all together.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT