Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 12 July 2020

Lazy days

Hi everyone, I hope you have time to rest this weekend.
After a long walk on Friday with quite a few ups and downs I am not inclined to go too mad on the exercise this weekend apart from my usual - at least 5,000 steps.

I have watched Monty Don in his garden this morning and while I was watching filled in a few planner pages.
I seem to be repeating quite a few things that I don't achieve each week, I suppose they will eventually get done and they are non-essential stuff such as sorting through old mags for pics, looking through old photos for journaling....

That of course leads me to my latest journal page for Erika's 'When It's Hot' theme for Art Journal Journey.

I have used another railway poster from my bargain diary - it made me smile, as on TV yesterday there was an open air event being planned with these kind of tents providing places for folk to watch and social distance.
It made me think about those crowded beaches we saw the other week on the news - if only they had had these..
I started by using the colours in the poster  to make a Distress ink background - dabbing ink onto a block, spritzing and pressing it onto the page. I added some spatters and some some dots through sequin waste  
I was inspired by Linda's page here to make some layers - not of fabric but some of my scrap papers.
I would have left it at that, but looking through a Flow magazine that I bought in Paris last July, I found this title to an article that I thought fits in with our 'new normal' these days for outings! 

I also made a tag for Tag Tuesday's challenge set by Valerie - 'Put A Sentiment On It' 


I used a tag that I made ages ago with a DI inked background, a Paper Artsy stencil and glossy gel medium. I love this quote and the mixed up versions too, and this paper doll lady certainly looks as though she enjoys her life! 

The sun is shining here today and as I looked out of my bedroom window this morning at around 6.30 there were some beautiful wispy clouds so I dashed to get my phone and took some photos!


The flag on the church is still, and you can see the plants on our balcony here too.
I went back to bed to warm up - it was a bit chilly hanging out of the window!!
As I went to make a coffee a couple of hours ago I looked out and then grabbed my camera again...




I hope fellow cloud watchers enjoy these brush marks in the sky!

Thanks for looking,Chris



10 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork. And those cloud photos are fantastic.

My name is Erika. said...

This is fantastic Chris. The little corner of the French calendar (?) is such a cool touch. And you background really feels like the beach. Light and airy! Thanks for joining in. It is much appreciated. And I also like to watch Monty Don; we get him on Netflix. Hope you get some rest this Sunday and maybe even check off one of those to do items that are reappearing. I have some of those too. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I forgot to mention that fabulous tag also Chris! I love it.

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, love the beach poster, if only the beaches were peaceful like that! A lovely tag Chris, and it's a wonderful quote.
Love the cloud pictures and I definitely see someone sticking their tongue out in one of them!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun post, Chris. I love the journal page you created for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, It would be fun to see these tents. They remind me of teepees. Thanks for another great entry.

I also like that tag you made, It's lovely and very Victorian, too.

Ahhh. Those clouds. What fun to see the wisps. Beautiful, even if it was cold. Here it's about 30 C at 6:30 am. It's not cooling at night and the days are steamy and extra hot.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page and lovely tag, you have been busy. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. I spend a lot of time watching the clouds, too, always so relaxing. Today I have just been hanging out in my armchair, I'm still feeling groggy after the Op. I t can only get better! Hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

Love it so much

Rita said...

I just love all the sky pictures! It's amazing how quickly it can change. :)

Meggymay said...

Its another super beach poster you used for the journal page Chris and fantastic for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.
i loved the photos of the clouds you shared, I think I would have missed taking photos and just be watching the shapes they made.
Its a super tag as well.
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The journal page and the day is beautiful, I love it!
Your cloud photos are wonderful I also like to look at the sky!
Unfortunately the people were unreasonable on the beach with you, but I know that with me too ..
Have a good time and take care of yourself, hugs Elke