Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Book Pages are......

...great for crafters! Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday for the next two weeks is 'Use Book Pages' and I must say the Design Team have come up with some really great ideas.

One of my favourite books to use is a Tales Of King Arthur book that hubby was going to send to the charity shop. I have often used little snippets on tags or journal pages!
I made a hanging...
...but that wasn't my original intention!

I started by making this..
A little Summer topper...which set me thinking bigger...seasons!
So next came Winter
Of course I had to continue, so here are Spring and Autumn


Well, of course, I needed to put them on something. Fortunately we have had a few online deliveries over the last few months so I cut up some packaging and covered it with various torn bits of book paper hanging around - most from the 'not good enough for sale' box at our local charity shop.
 I covered everything with gesso and wanted some subtle colouring,
using these colours!
 They just faded into the gesso, so I used these colours.
These colours still don't show up very well in the photo.
Here you can see where I also used the brown around the edges of the hanging. 

I hung it on my wall with a few fabric flowers to cover the hook.
I hope you can find enough book pages to join in at TIOT this time, I love seeing how others use them!

Thanks for looking, Chris



13 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

That is a wonderful idea!
A great reminder to be glad to have the seasons (well, I could happily skip winter, but alas...).

Sadly I cannot join. My old books are true treasures and Hubby would kill me as I "forced" him to join me to look for the whole series throughout Australia, LOL.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page. I always have a stash of junk books to be used, so use a lot of book pages. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous wall hanging! I love the thought you put into the design and how you used the book page pieces for the background and each of those beautiful seasonal scenes looks amazing 😀. Happy July and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art piece.

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous wall hanging Chris and I love how you showed the four seasons against the background book papers. . Charity shops are good places to find old books to craft with.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

I love this art work, it is so beautiful.
Have a nice week!

Helen said...

Just beautiful! Love all the bits and pieces in your gorgeous hanging!! ((HUGS)) Helen

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome page for TIOT Hugs

My name is Erika. said...

This is so clever and beautiful Chris. I love all the season of the year and the cool ephemera you used with each one. I think you outdid yourself. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

What a great hanging Chris, the torn book pages give a wonderful texture to your background. Love the idea of the four seasons.
Avril xx

Rita said...

What a pretty wall hanging. Great idea to make the seasons like that. :)

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous hanging Chris! I love those little seasonal collages.
Alison xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh no I'd wrestle Hubby if he tried to send any of my books to the charity shop, after telling him it saves me buying stamping card he's thought better of it now hee hee.. What a lovely book to have as one of your favourites and such a unique created design Chris, so hoping I can play along with this one.
Hugs Tracey xx