Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 28 July 2020

T Stands For...Three

Hi everyone!

What a whizz of a week. I have been quite busy and my samples are now in the post - time for some play with some cute new stamps - you may have seen them here. 

We have been out and about too.
We're going on a bit of a trek so settle down and get comfortable - we'll do all the walking!
This was last Tuesday


I'm sure some of you know where we were...

 The long view from the high path over to Quarrybank Mill at Styall (just in case you hadn't guessed)

 We sat to rest and let some speedier folk to go past - it was a lovely view down to the Bollin River
We were fascinated by these roots.....
 ...and this tree




We managed to find our favourite bench free so sat for while here.
We were joined by a little friend.


He stayed around the area until we moved off
 Behind the bench..
 ...and the view in front as some visitors went out of sight.


 This looks a lot nicer this visit
 The foxglove is definitely going to seed!!

 My treat at the end was to make a donation and choose some flowers - the last ones from the bunch are just about finished now!

It was certainly a day of contrasting weather!

On the following Thursday we set off with a picnic to....can you guess this one too?




 Sorry, those last few photos were bit unfair of me, I'm sure you know now though that we were at Dunham Massey!

 Quite a buzz around the hives

 We decided to go around the back way...
 ..and look across towards the stream pathway
 It was good to see the mansion from this aspect

Here is my 'note to self' I must remember to take a photo of the narrow bridge we walk across next time.

 We gave the Orangery a miss

 A lovely show of one of my favourite flowers - Agapanthus.

 Sorry - is this Agapanthus overload?

 I think you should be able to read this better of you click on it
 There were a lot of folk on the path so we took another route back to the carpark

...and it's here I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday. 
We deliberately chose a spot away from the main carpark - a further walk but we wanted a quiet area for our picnic.
We took chairs but it was a little bit chilly!
 Water to drink and tuna and lettuce bagels, some naughty pork and pickle pies and tomatoes!
 We were enjoying a long view through the carpark on the other side of the exit road when a woman came to park right in front of us...
 ..it wasn't as though there were no spaces!! Hey Ho!!

Now, my title says Three doesn't it...

On Sunday we went off to Tatton Park to look for a suitable picnic place for our family to meet up next Sunday. We remembered somewhere  on the estate from way back - it looked perfect - we deliberately went for the Sunday crowds - but there weren't any here, especially as we had to queue to get in the park.
 There's lots of space to park..


 A lake to walk by..
 ..and this is the most folk we saw together in one shot!


We saw this family picnic from our car when we had the coffee we took with us.

The only thing I can see maybe upsetting this scene is if the weather turns really hot and brings more people out on Sunday.
I'll let you know at TFST next week!

I had better let you get on with what you were doing!

Thanks for looking, Chris



18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had some great outings. It all looks so pretty. The weather here was very changeable, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Eileen Bergen said...

How cute that the little bird stuck around you guys. I wonder if it lost its mother. I don't know if I've seen your samples because you don't tell us. You do lovely work though. I'm just curious.

Lovely nature shots. Mother Nature did a pretty job of seeding those flower beds. The Agapanthus are lovely.

I hope the Sunday picnic worked out.

Happy T-day and have a lovely week! Hugs, Eileen

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, so glad you took us along on your three outings.
such lovely places to enjoy nature, take a walk, and have a picnic.

People are just so un polite aren't they? years ago when we used to go to movie theaters (we don't any more) someone would always sit right in front of us-even though there loads of other seats-people just aren't aware of their surroundings I think or just don't care-being nice and caring is lost in today's society for the most part-very sad.
enjoy your new week ahead and Happy T Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hi Chris,

I left a VERY long comment, and it showed it was published, but when I refreshed, it wasn't there. I remember telling you I have this theory about my internet. It knows exactly when it's Monday at 4 pm, so it immediately goes offline. ATT said they'd send someone Tuesday morning between 8 and noon. Now I'm playing catch-up.

I remember telling you how much I enjoyed the beautiful places you took us and how much I enjoyed seeing all the gardens and flowers you shared. I especially liked the adorable little bird and the angelic statue/sculpture.

Your tuna sandwiches look SO good. I said that I needed to ask Scott to pick me up some tuna because I've eaten all of mine. Yours looks delicious and now I'm starving. Thanks for sharing your trips to the gardens, your sandwiches, and your water with us for T this Tuesday.

Linda Kunsman said...

thank you for taking us on such lovely, refreshing walks and sights! Those tree trunks are very cool. And i love that sweet little bird that kept you company at the bench:) Looks like the weather held up pretty well while you were out. The sandwiches are a perfect picnic style break-but I don't know what the naughty pork and pickle pies are...must look that one up;)
Happy T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

You always visit such beautiful places! I so enjoyed walking with you, your photos bought back such happy memories of time spent with family at Syall and Tatton Park 😁. As you probably know by now I love robins and wasn't he a cutie, how wonderful to see 😀. I'd love to join you for lunch and if you don't mind I'll justnpinch one of those those pork and pickle pies - so yummy! Thanks for the memories and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Kate Yetter said...

So beautiful! I loved looking at all the flowers and landscapes. As usual, you visit scenes out of a novel. Picturesque and serene. And that bagel sandwich looks delicious.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Chris you certainly do have the best places to walk. Those gardens are amazing. And that is a gorgeous "home" too. And I like your picnic. I have done some like that. Tough since we can't go out anymore quite the same way in the weird Covid world. ope it was a super T day. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

3 great outings - I hope the weather on Sunday behaves! Love the robin - so friendly! glad you enjoyed your picnic. Great photos

Mae Travels said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of you countryside and local buildings, and the little bird (isn't it an English robin?) Always so green!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Viv said...

Great pics - weather and other things has prevented us from any more jaunts recently - but all on the to do list!

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me on three walks! I wish it did something for my figure! But just looking at all those lovely photos is enough for me to really enjoy it. These are familiar places for me, as I have probably told you before, my sister moved to England in 1971 and has always lived in Prestbury with the exception of a few years in macclesfield. So we know the area very well and have lots of friends all around.
But I didn't know Emperor Haile Selassie had visited Dunham massey Hall. I couldn't rea the writing on the board but I googled it and learnt a bit more about the family too.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

Great photos it is such a pretty place. Enjoy your day.

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful pictures from you walks. Your robin friend is just adorable. So different from his American cousins. The tree roots were amazing. Like something out of Lord of the Rings. Your bagel sandwiches look so good even if the pork and pickle pies were naughty. 😉 I hope the weather cooperates for you family picnic. We've been having a heatwave here (3 plus days of temps. in the 90s oF) Too hot to go outside and move around. Take care and Happy T Day

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos from your trips out Chris.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

You have some beautiful places to visit and walk around in. Thank you for sharing your photos. I can't believe someone parked across from you. That is so typical, even in pre-covid-19 times. Ugh. I like seeing the "picnic" lunches you bring for these trips. Happy belated T-Day!

Sharon Madson said...

What a beautiful virtual walk and picnic you took us on. Thank you! Happy belated t day!

Words and Pictures said...

What magnificent gardens - thank you for sharing your visit. The vistas are amazing, both of the house and of the planting. Glad you had at least some good weather! Seeing the robin was bitter sweet... I've been feeding and talking to several almost tame ones in my garden during the lockdown, and I'm going to miss them horribly now I'm away.
Alison x