Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 26 July 2020

I have my reasons....

Hi everyone, the other evening I developed a really strong craving for fruit! Eating fruit daily is not unusual, and we are always well stocked with fresh fruit, we had eaten a satisfying meal but about an hour afterwards I helped myself to a peach, grapes, half a pear, half a kiwi fruit and some strawberries.

When my delightful new Aall and Create cute stamps by Janet Klein arrived yesterday I stamped some out and sat colouring them in while watching TV last night. I also cut out quite a few.

Today I started a journal page by splatting pink and orange Distress Inks with an acrylic block onto my page - something I really love to do.....hold on there, this is going somewhere...

A few weeks ago a free magazine was delivered with our groceries with a fabulous article on fresh fruit and veg - Georgina Luck had illustrated it and I remembered the peaches in particular looked fabulous..so here it is on my page..

..I added some text from another A and C stamp set and gave the girlies some peaches (you will see that one greedy girl had a whole pile of them!) I think the cute puppy has either eaten too many himself or he just likes rolling around in the juice!!
I added some circles made with a hole punch (pinched an idea from my friend Sarah Anderson)

I am entering at

Art Journal Journey and Erika's 'When It's Hot' theme fruit (and water)a definite 'must have' in hot weather!! 

Country View Challenges 'Do What Makes you Happy' - a new journal page, splatting ink, playing with new stamps, using cutie stamps by Janet Klein, using gorgeous magazine clippings...and eating fruit!!!

Thanks for looking,Chris 

  

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your art journal page, Chris! It is not only beautiful, but adorable as well. And I loved hearing about your fruit feasts, too. YUM!!!! There is nothing like fresh peaches when they are in season! Thanks for sharing your art with all of us. HUGS, Sharon

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a lovely journal page with the yummy fruit. I love eating fruit, too, today I had apricots and blueberries! Have a good start in the new week, stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great tribute to summer fruits. They are pretty special, aren't they? Even when you can get them other times they never taste quite as sweet. And I love your Janet Klein stamps. I have pre-ordered the dog set though it will take a couple of weeks to arrive. Fun page Chris. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at AJJ. It is much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Eileen Bergen said...

Darling fun page, Chris. Enjoy your summer fruits as long as you can. Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

Eating fruit on a hot day sounds good to me, its a fabulous and fun page Chris. Thank you for linking to Erika's theme at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

Craftyfield said...

Fun page! The peach looks yummy... Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!