Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 14 June 2021

T Stands For....the project and more...

Hi everyone, I will stop you wondering soon...

I told you last week that we had picked something up from my son's house. First a little bit about an outing we had..

On Tuesday last week we went for a walk, foiled, as we had intended going to the Carrs but the car park was full. We headed back to Styall village (couldn't visit the Mill as I had left my card behind) 

Although we had visited the village from a different direction before we found that a nursery that we used to visit, and had been closed down near the airport, had relocated to the village, not only that, but just down the road is a community shop, gallery and cafe. 

We couldn't stay as we had a food shop to pick up so on Friday decided to go back there.(There is a point to this ramble)

The photos here were taken on Tuesday

We passed thatched cottages...
..and pretty gardens

This field is opposite the garden above and on Friday an Art Group were sitting here painting.

                                                                             



We went into the chapel gardens, the chapel is shut during the week.
Lots of buttercups...


...and Irises









The Nursery...
.....and what we came for


Here is why...
I had asked my son if he could make a trolley for the courtyard at our retirement complex to hold pots of herbs to be shared with other owners.
The idea being that both the chef here, and others can help themselves to sprigs of herbs for their cooking.

I have some herbs outside my front door but there is a good variety here that I will also be using!

Of course, we did visit the cafe on Friday, but I forgot to take photos so here is a coffee from when we went to Dunham Massey the other week - we are going again tomorrow so I may combine photos for another T day!

I am joining the T Day crew for T Stands for Tuesday over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog - The Altered Book Lover
If you would like to see our Wanderlust pages for week 21 they are here(the post previous to this one)

Oh!and one day we will back to the shop and cafe - I want to go upstairs to the gallery!

Thanks for looking, Chris










20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes Chris, I was quite surprised to see your name come up so early this week. I swear, those first few photos look like they came straight out of Midsomer (the fictitious area where murder abounds). I was really impressed with the whole area. What fabulous photos you shared. And of course, I adored your new cart your son created for you. It was a special gift indeed. And the herbs look incredibly healthy, too. How thoughtful of you to do this for the entire complex. Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful herbs, along with your countryside photos, and your coffee with us for T this week, dear.

Yes, I can be bribed. Were you talking about the hamster?

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-I really enjoyed your post with all the lovely photos of this area-I love buttercups too and herbs. Love that little move around for the herbs-that will be nice for you.
Perfect spot for a lunch and coffee-Happy T wishes Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

Such beautiful photos of your walk- the gardens, the charming cottage and surroundings. And i love the herb trolley your son made!! How wonderful to share those delicious fresh herbs with the community. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

What a wonderful idea for your complex. That herb trolley is a great idea and it looks like your son did a fantastic job. I like how it even has wheels. And plant shops are very dangerous for me. Even in photos I think. Smile. And nice walk photos. So many pretty views with the houses too. I hope you have a super T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful pictures, oh, this is the life!
Love the trolley-idea.
Happy T-Day to you! Beautiful mugs.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the beautiful photos, Chris, thanks for sharing, I always love seeing them. Great ide to share the herbs, they look, taste and smell good always. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

J said...

Chris you are an early bird this week, great to see the lovely photos and what a gorgeous herb planter your son has made, we grow herbs but as soon as it gets hot they die, we start again next Autumn!
Lovely photos of the cottages too, such beautiful gardens some have, beautiful flowers too, nearly forgot to say I love those pretty mugs too.
Happy T Day
Jan

Mae Travels said...

Americans love English villages and the fictitious village life ... but yours is better than the fictional version. Just as beautiful and idyllic looking, but real. Even the shared herbs.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful gardens! I enjoyed visiting and seeing them in the sunshine, glad you had fun 😁. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Charming village and lovely gardens. Your son built a beautiful cart and a thoughtful way to share the herbs. Looks like you had a nice outing and I love how you bring your own special mugs along. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

What a lovely place. I especially loved the pictures of the nursery and trying to zoom in and see the plant varieties. Apple mint looks interesting. We have that here but I didn't purchase it this year. I went for the pineapple mint instead. Not sure what it tastes like yet as it is a slow grower. Loving your herb cart that your son built. It is SO pretty and I am sure it will be a favorite spot to come and clip of some herbs.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that village scene -the thatched roofs!- and the front gardens are so friendly-looking. The community herb pots is a lovely idea :) Happy T Tuesday!

Lisca said...

Gorgeous those old villages. England is such a beautiful country when the sun shines! I enjoyed all your photos.
It is really a good idea to have herbs for your little community to share herbs that you bought. I also love the trolley. Great idea.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

What a lovely outings and oh that trolley is fabulous!

Rita said...

Oh how lovely! That cart idea is a grand one.
Love those giant cups! Especially the flowered one.
Happy Tuesday. :)

craftytrog said...

Such beautiful photos Chris, so pleased they were able to restore that lovely medieval cross.
The trolley of herbs is a wonderful idea too.
Alison xx

Sharon Madson said...

These are beautiful photos. Your flower ones turned out so colorful. Happy T Day!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That was a great trip, I love your walk with the houses and front gardens. Her son's herb trolley is great!
Thanks for showing me I was happy!
Hug, Elke

Tammy said...

Gorgeous photos and the fields would be an awesome place to have an art class/group. Love the herb trolley idea!!
Hugs, Tammy

nwilliams6 said...

I wondered how I missed this post, but then I remembered I was on vacation that week. Glad I found this post, as I love your community herb idea - so fun. Your pictures are all so pretty and I love your mugs together on the dashboard. Fun post, Chris. Hugz