Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 21 July 2020

T Stands for two more....

Hi everyone, I did actually think that Summer had arrived on Sunday but yesterday after a very bright start the sun played hide and seek again!

We did get out again last week, we went to Dunham but gave the gardens a miss and went into the woods.
This was on the pathway that everyone had to take..
 ..but when we reached the little moat with the little tracks in the water where the moorhens had been...
 ...we turned off and into the woodland area


 This is the back of the saw mill
 There are lots of fallen trees in Dunham - they are left to rot naturally unless they fall across a path

 We see this in the distance from the top of one of the paths usually...

 ...this is Langham Grove
 We walked by the deer sanctuary


 A picture of decay
 This is one of the ponds.
We loved how this den has been created. One of the volunteers was picking up litter. She told us that a lot of litter is picked up weekly...in a deer park....for goodness sake....!!!
We got quite close to some by the path!

...and here is hubby's photo
 Here is the front of the saw mill
 The cafe is open..
..and so is the shop..we looked in...only one other person there..so we went in..and I bought another roasting tin book!!


On Friday we went to Tatton Park, only a short drive away. We had booked to go in the gardens.


 You may recognise this
 Lovely tall redwood trees


 There were quite a few people having picnics
 The Oriental Gardens are my favourite part



 We found a bench to sit on and enjoy the view, although the planes have now appear in the skies close to the airport


 The formal gardens in front of the Mansion


We went back to the car and drove out onto the estate - there were a few people walking around but there is so much space we didn't get within speaking distance. We had our picnic and then went for a walk.
 Sheep and deer in the distance
 There is a Mediaeval Hall inside these walls but out of sight to us!



 A very small patch of blue appeared briefly!
On the way out in the car hubby stopped so I could take another photo.

We enjoyed our walks. The gardens at Tatton were one way once again but only the way we normally walk any way - apart from the closed walk under the roses. In the woods we found it easy to avoid folk so we shall go to both of these places again.

My new cook book is great and I have already tried two recipes both were delicious!
It is here of course that I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for Tea Stands for Tuesday
Here is my new Cook Book
 I made peanut chicken last night
 It was very tasty and hubby said he would like it again!
I think I would have less chilli in it!

Thanks for looking, Chris


15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day out, and then a great meal in the evening, chicken and peanuts sounds very good. Shame that people leave litter everywhere, same here. It can be dangerous for the deer if they eat it. Have a happy day, hugs, Valerie

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely photos, Chris. I like allowing nature to clean up after herself, unless there's danger like you mentioned. The decay and recycling are all part of the ecosystem.

The deer are beautiful. They're a different type than we have in North America. Great photo of the buck! In fact, all the photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing them with us at T.

Peanut chicken sounds good.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful, beautiful photos of the woods and gardens!! That old saw mill is pretty cool looking too. And how nice to have a safeguarded and clean:) sanctuary for the deer. Glad there wasn't so many people so you could thoroughly enjoy it all.
And by the look on hubby's face that was some delicious meal! Buying cookbooks is next on my top list after art supplies and travel books - so fun trying new recipes. Happy T day!

Helen said...

What a great trip and fab photos. glad you enjoyed your meal - not fond of peanuts personally!

Viv said...

Enjoyed these lovely pics - deffo on the list to go! Thanks for sharing! x

Sharon Madson said...

Chris, I love your photos! I want to be there! They remind me of the gardens at a castle we visited in Scotland. But I didn't take enough. I should show what I do have at the T party some Tuesday. But you and hubby take great photos! Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris I really enjoy it that you take us along on these garden walks. such a nice area to roam around in. I would try to imagine what it would be like to have lived there when things were built.
I love cookbooks too-I love to read them-cover to cover-and make new things from them. when we moved I donated over 100 cookbooks to the library. but I still buy new ones haha I just bought Outlander Kitchen book 2 cookbook-I love it.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous gardens! So nice to explore with you, those tall pines look amazing 😁. I smiled when I saw the pears and also your hubby's smiling face - such fun! Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Mae Travels said...

Your day looks magical. The very old buildings are so beautiful in the landscape, and the deer are very special.

Be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I so enjoyed my virtual walk with you Chris. It is another pretty place. You have so many near you. And those deer are different from ours here. Only the fawns have spots on the white tails we have. I thought they might be babies but not with those antlers. And your new recipe sounds yummy. Hope it was a happy T day! Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Chris. Both of these gardens are wonderful. SO sorry I'm late. Fighting my internet again.

I don't know which garden I like better, but the formal gardens always intrigue me. They both have their pluses, so it was good to see you were enjoying yourselves. I was especially partial to the deer sanctuary, though. It looked so clean and well kept, too.

What a great cookbook. I've never cooked in a roasting tin before, but used them in crafts (grin). That peanut chicken looks good. Thanks for sharing your two trips out this week, your new cookbook, and your meal and water with us for T this Tuesday, which is now Wednesday.

Karen said...

So many beautiful photos ~ Thank you for the tour. A new cookbook is fun to try new dishes :) It's so hot this week (98' feels like 110')I can't imagine visiting a garden so I'm thankful for your wonderful photos. Blessings on your week ahead ~

Rita said...

Oh--lovely! lovely! lovely! Thanks for the virtual trip. :) :)

Caty said...

Wowww Your photographs are really Gorgeous Chris !! I looove them all. Thanks so much for sharing with us. The beers are so beautiful, what a chance to be very near from them!
Fantastique all !
I wish you a very nice summer, stay safe and
Big hugs, Caty

Darla said...

It was great to see all the greenery in your photos. California is quite dry and brown this time of year. Your husband looks very happy with his meal. I wonder if the meals in the book are what we know of as "Sheet Pan Recipes" here. Everything on one shallow pan and into the oven.