Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 24 July 2020

What do I love?

I love warm days, not hot days....certainly not days when it feels as though there are three suns in the sky! 

I started by spritzing my page and adding water colours in reds, oranges and yellows, then spritzing and allowing the paint to run. 
I added some scraps of tissue that had some text on and some other bits and pieces and I found the piece of watercoloured paper that gave  me the idea of three suns. I was thinking of Erika's 'When It's Hot' theme at Art Journal Journey. I added a few bits and pieces and stamped the palm trees and the cacti and coloured them in...what next? There was too much red so I added some yellow distress oxide ink and spritzed along with some gelatos, addded some spattering with orange and red DIs. Finally I added some bright stickles to the 'suns'  
I really just enjoyed 'faffing around' with ink, paint, doodling, stamps etc. to make my journal page. 

I am entering at :-

Country View challenges - Do What makes you Happy - I really enjoyed  just 'faffing' with my journal page, no rush, no deadline, just playing!

Penny Black and More - In the Garden - my ideal garden is an English country garden but if I had to live somewhere tropical I would have to have plants in bright pots and some palm trees for shade

More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes with optional Pastels - there are actually some accidental pastels here in my background. 

I posted last night but then went back to my tablet where I had started to write this post and it deleted everything-including everything I had added on the computer and the post???? 
Sorry for the confusion!! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm with you when it comes liking to warm weather better than hot weather. So I love the 3 suns in the sky. That is a great metaphor for heat. And the palm trees and cacti too. They are such cool plants and work so well with 3 suns. It sure can feel that way. Hope you stay cool and I love this page. Thanks for joining in at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I don't think I could cope with the heat of three suns Chris. It s fabulous page for Erika's theme at AJJ. The cacti images look great and i'm sure they will be appreciating the heat.
Stay ssafe.
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

Ooh this is a super Gorgeous hot page Chris !! Wonderful background and colours. I looove those palm trees and the so beautiful cactus. Great idea to add 3 suns! like here :)
I wish you a very nice weekend, enjoy and stay safe,
Big hugs, Caty

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a great, beautiful Journal page. It's always great to be creative!
Greetings Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

I tried to comment yesterday but the post wasn't there! It's a lovely page with great colours, looks warm and sunny. And thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media, much appreciated! Have a fun weekend, stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm back for a second time, Chris. It's frustrating when that happens.

I can take warm weather, but can't take hot weather. I'm just not able to take the heat, so stay under the AC when it's hot and humid. I would NEVER make it under three suns. But I love what you have created and the softness even though it's so hot. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, dear.

Eileen Bergen said...

Terrific bright sunny page, Chris.

The first time I heard the word "faffing," I was taking a video class by Tamara Laporte. She mentioned faffing around a few times. So I thought it was an art term - lol.

Hugs, Eileen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Check your e-mail please.

nwilliams6 said...

Three suns - now that is a very hot day!!!! Love this page full of fun Summer/hot elements, Chris. Cool mix of cactus and palms. Well done. Hugz

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I especially love the cacti!!!! HUGS, Sharon

Jane said...

Such a lovely summer page Chris. Thanks for joining our do what makes you happy challenge over at Country View x

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a lovely page ! Thank you so much for your contribution to our 'Do what makes you happy' challenge over at Country VIew !
Corrie x