Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 March 2022

It's Spring at AJJ

 Hi everyone the weather forecasters will tell you that meteorologist's Spring starts today and here we are with Valeries's new theme at Art Journal Journey - 'Spring'

For me Spring officially starts on the 21st March(which was my late Mum's birthday) and goes through to 21st June.

It's a time of year that rivals Autumn for colour, only this time it is the new green buds on trees and the flowers that bloom at this time of year that provide the colour. I especially love the colours of blossom,  bluebells, camellias, daffodils and crocuses(some folk call them croci and either word is acceptable)Most of these are pinks, purples or yellows but I also look forward to seeing the brighter colour of tulips which flower a little later.

I used a Janet Klein stencil two ways - negative by inking and spritzing the stencil and positive by inking through it.I also used an Autour de Mwa hexagon stencil. 

used two Janet Klein sets so that I could add more flowers.

I found the colourful letters while sorting out my room and used yellow DI through a Tim Holtz stencil to add some sunshine - which I hope we will have a lot of!!!

Please check our rules if you haven't been to AJJ for a while  - we now welcome smaller entries.

I hope you will add your own Spring pages to brighten the days at Art Journal journey! 

Thanks for looking, Chris


13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun first entry, Chris. The stencils you used make the page look sunny and bright. I love the little girl and her flowers, too. This is a clever entry that is perfect for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

My name is Erika. said...

Those Janet Klein figures and designs make the perfect introduction to spring. I love the stencil; I haven't seen that one. Both ways it makes such a spring-like background. Nice page Chris. And happy March to you. Hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

A wonderful spring page, Chris. I love especially the various flowers. Nicely made!
Have a inspiring spring full of happiness xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for your first entry for my challenge! Hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Fun flowers and fun girl, Chris. This is happy and makes me smile. Hugz

Rita said...

Hi Chris. Fantastic page for your journal. I had fun with Annie and Astrid las Friday when I started my first Junk Journal. Hugs Rita xxxx

Meggymay said...

This page looks adorable Chris, a sweet image among the flowers of Spring.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

ScrappyHorses said...

How fun and full of spring spirit!!

Rita said...

Spring doesn't usually come around that early in the year for us here. Usually more like end of April or May--but with climate change--who knows these days.
Very cute spring page!! :)

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous Spring page Chris!
Happy March!
Alison

Neet said...

Those little figures are perfect to use in a smaller journal and I love how you have portrayed Spring for us.
I always associate Spring with daffodils, isn't it funny how we have different thoughts on these things.
Hugs, Neet xx

EricaSta said...

It's cold outside, therefore is some painting with flowers necessary isn't!? I like your art journaling. Happy March.

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful page! I love the stenciled background so much! And your little girl figure adds the perfect touch here! You definitely depicted Spring in a beautiful way. Thank you!