Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 22 March 2022

T Stands For - a tasty reward!

 Hi everyone, last week we had quite a long walk into Manchester again. We took our car in and unfortunately the service garage isn't on a public transport route. It took us about 50 minutes to walk.

We did a little bit of shopping then went to Gino's for lunch.

Hubby had Mushroom Risotto and I had one of my favourites on their menu - Butternut Squash Ravioli in a cream sauce. We shared a side salad.I apologise for starting before remembering to take a photo. As I am sharing our drinks at T Stands For Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog - The Altered Book Lover I'm sure you can spot the bottle of water, I also had a tonic water with ice and lemon.
We had quick visit to the bank and Marks and Spencers, where I found a top at a bargain price in the end of the sales, and returned to Gino's for coffee and a shared Chocolate cheesecake with sour cherries. Hubby had a Latte while I had my usual Americano.

We then set off on the long walk back - altogether on Friday I walked 20,117 steps.

Today we did our weekly food shop and called in to Styall Mill Gardens for a walk in the sunshine.

Someone has put bird food on the fence posts near the entrance and these two crows refused to be scared off!


The cafe was closed today.




The Sweet Pea supports are ready
There were quite a few bees around and this butterfly. I can't find this anywhere on ID charts so far! 
The Irises are through too!


























Aubretia for sale!!!! Pity I don't have a garden!
From the top path leading to the car park you can see through to the cottage in the garden that is by the Sweet Pea garden.



Finally, the pond by the car park and off we went to do our shopping!

Thanks for looking, Chris



13 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

I won't be here long because oh my - you have made me SO hungry and I'm due to have some dinner soon! I would have either one of your choices with pleasure:)
Lovely, lovely photos of the gardens and your walk. And how wonderful to see a butterfly already!
Enjoy the rest of your week, and happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, what a beautiful walk in the gardens I enjoyed all of the lovely photos. I have a couple daffodils blooming now too. Your meals and desserts sound soooo delicious I would love to try them all haha.
Happy T and have a good week hugs

My name is Erika. said...

You definitely earned that cheesecake walking that many steps. And what a nice walk at Styall Mill Gardens too. You have so many gardens around you for certain, and you have real spring too. Your lunch does look very yummy too. Sounds like you had a busy but nice day out. Hope you had a great T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

Delicious looking food - butternut squasch ravioli, yum! - and beautiful photos from your walk. Spring is certainly on her way.

Kate Yetter said...

Manchester is lovely. I love the touches of color popping through the still brown landscape. A 50 minute walk is very far. Good for the both of you!
Your dessert at Gino's looks delicious.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm sitting here after eating a piece of buttered toast and thinking both of your meals were wonderful. Now the toast needs something more. Even that dessert looks to die for. Yum indeed, Chris. Your plethora of drinks rivaled the food you shared.

Enjoyed the walk. Lovely daffs and beautiful tulips. My garden is just starting to wake, and the gardens you show us are already screaming spring has arrived. Thanks for sharing and tempting me with your food and drink for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Mae Travels said...

Such an enjoyable walk!

Best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

Lovley photos, Chris. Gino's sounds like my kind of place. Your Chocolate cheesecake with sour cherries sounds wonderful! Happy T Day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, happy T day! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Lunch out looks wonderful especially the chocolate cheesecake. Beautiful gardens. That greenhouse would make Himself's eyes turn green. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

What a long walk! Those gardens are lovely, and it's sweet to see a butterfly already. Happy T Day :)

craftytrog said...

That was a long walk Chris! Beautiful photos of the gardens. I've seen a few butterflies on my walks, and it was really warm here today.

Empire of the Cat said...

Beautiful place to visit Chris, and well done getting all those steps in too. Your pasta meals look and sound delicious too. I have some sweet peas just ready to be planted but I am still working out my support system. Sorry for my lateness, struggling with my sprained wrist. Happy belated T Day Elle/EOTC xx