Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 2 March 2022

A new page...and an old one..

 Hi everyone I have a new journal page to share at Art Journal Journey and Valerie's 'Spring' theme

I have used blue and yellow Distress ink, spritzed, for the background and my Studio Light Spring Tulip is white for the peace we all wish for people of Ukraine. The words came from some Tim Holtz stickers.

It is from March 24th 2015
                   -----------------------
Just a quick journal page - using my new Paper Artsy Lynne Perella set LPCO31.
I loved this stamp from the first time I saw it.
This is how the page started, using Jenni Bowlin paints(the colours have the most beautiful names) really creamy and react well with a spritz of water!
From here it was a case of stencils, stamps and doodles with part of a lattice die cut and some packaging from some new coffee cups.I stamped text over and over itself to make a pattern rather than to read the text.
The image was coloured in using Distress markers apart from the ruff - white Signo uni-ball
Lettering was done with good old medium Pitt pen.
                    _____________________
Thanks for looking, Chris

      

12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I love your spring page very much, and I really like your page for the second look too-hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

The Spring page is beautiful. The woman on the 2nd page would make a handsome, modern Queen for a deck of cards.

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous tulip Chris. It's such a pretty spring page. And I love your second look. I'm with you about that stamp set. I really like how you made the page, especially the text and the cardboard which that lovely lady is on. Hope March is treating you well Chris. hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Love both pages, Chris. That is a great second look. Have a great rest of the week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really LOVE that tulip in your new page. It is just beautiful. I can see why you must like it, too. This is indeed a great journal page for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

I remember that lovely page, Chris. I can't believe it is from 2015. It goes to show that your journal pages are often timeless. Just a beautiful stamp and nicely colored, too. Thanks for sharing this second look with us on the 2nd, dear.

Empire of the Cat said...

Lovely pages Chris, old and new, Happy second on the second Elle/EOTC xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page and love the older one, too. Thanks for linking to my chalenge at AJJ. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Chris, its a beautiful white tulip page and the message that we all hope the people of Ukraine will soon find peace. I liked the return visit pages as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Both lovely journal pages Chris but I especially like the poignant one at the top which echoes the colours of the Ukraine and the white tulip for peace. What a beautiful tribute.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous Spring page Chris, I love the tulip!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Both fabulous pages Chris, the Tulip is very in keeping with Valerie's Spring time theme. White for peace in the Ukraine, each day we hold them in our thoughts and heart.
Hugs Tracey x

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! Both pages are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing them! Hugs, Sharon