Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 19 March 2022

Brighter Days

Hi everyone, we have been out for the past two days. 

We went to RHS Bridgewater on Thursday - making plans for taking a friend a little later this Spring. We were checking on wheelchair access and pleasantly surprised to find that we can even get through the Chinese gardens easily.

We also had a few other things to deal with, some of which are still outstanding.

Yesterday our car went in for a service and it's MOT(passed fortunately). We were told it would be ready by 5 o'clock so we set off on a 50 minute walk into Manchester City centre.

We treated ourselves to a coffee and toasted teacake then went to see 'The Duke' at the cinema. A very funny film starring Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren, about the theft of the Goya painting of the the Duke of Wellington in 1961. It was a story that I remember from my teens - the newspapers of the time were full of it!

Today, with the sun shining, I finished off a journal page for Valerie's 'Spring' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I had covered the page with deep pink and yellow paint and added some paint lifted from my plastic lid palettes with sellotape swell as some that peeled off in larger pieces. I also added some stencilling to use up some green paint. The tulip is fussy cut from some Stamperia paper and the sun is one of my favourites so I always have a few ready to use. I found the stickers among some things I was sorting through so added some tulips and ladybirds.(At the moment we have ladybirds on our balcony - not as many as we have had in other years but we have been able to open the windows today and let them free!)

The quote is something I am trying to do, but I do worry that I'm not getting much visiting and commenting done lately! I will be trying to catch up soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

 



11 comments:

Annie said...

A wonderful Spring art journal page, Chris! That blendy background is great for your tulip to pop and take center stage. Lots of fun little details too.

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful page Chris. I am always worrying way too much about things-I need to stop that. Happy weekend
Kathy

Rita said...

A bright, cheery page.
Movie isn't out yet on Netflix but I have it on my list to rent. Love both Mirren and Broadbent! :)

Lynn Holland said...

Hi Chris
We went to see The Duke a couple of weeks ago, it was a good film. Last week we saw Belfast and next up we want to watch Phantom of the Open, which looks hysterical. Thank goodness for the Meerkat two for one tickets and being able to go in the afternoons when there’s only a dozen people in there.
We’ve also plans to visit RHS Bridgewater garden this year. I was wondering how long it takes to get round as I’d like to take Mum with us.
Lynn x

craftytrog said...

A beautiful spring page Chris!

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like life has been good lately Chris. Hurrah. My car passed its annual inspection last week also-hurrah for both of us having cars good to go. That movie sounds right up my alley. I will have to check it out. And I am really loving your beautiful tulips page. The sun, the ladybugs, the beautiful colors. Happy spring!!!! hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

A beautiful page and perfect for the First Day of Spring!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a stunning page to welcome spring, Chris. LOVE that beautiful tulip. It is gorgeous. So much detail, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ using Valerie's theme.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Spring page Chris, and I love the quote. Blog visiting is something I'm struggling with at the moment, I only seem to have time once a week for a half hour or so.
Hugs, Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

An encouraging page :) Be here now.

Meggymay said...

A lovely springtime page Chris, a beautiful tulip flower and a wonderful quote.
Super inspiration for the theme.
Yvonne xx