Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 March 2022

T Stands For ......taking a walk at last!!

Hi everyone, it seems a while since we had a proper walk. We have had walk by the River Mersey which is only a short distance away from our home and we did have a quick visit to Fletcher Moss to have a look at how the the flood plain works but February 9th was the last time we actually went out for a long walk. 

This morning we had to go and shop and conveniently pass Quarry Bank Mill at Styall. It's a beautiful day today again (yesterday was dawn to dusk rain) and we both feel refreshed after having some sun on our faces!

I do get excited to see Hawthorn leaves appearing - I know...small pleasures...




Blogger is clearly going to do it's own thing with the order so I will just carry on





I leaned over the barrier to catch the glorious scent of these hyacinths




The Irises are peeping through.














The Gunneria still look a bit bereft!





The Camellia is giving it's all by the the river


I love these miniature daffodils
Here is the Camellia from the other side of the river







We had a quick wander around the shop - no spending here today though!
We chose to walk up the road instead of taking the steps back to the car park.


I'm pleased we did or I would have missed these sun bathing Grey Squirrels -resting perfectly still on the side of the tree trunk


The daffodils will look better in a few weeks time
The notice board outside the Visitor centre


The planes from the nearby airport were taking off from this side instead of it being the usual landing path
One last look at the sky trails as I got into the car.

We did have a coffee when we got into Wilmslow but the cafe was busy - we were later than usual - but on our  travels we did see a famous actor and a football manager(not together!) 

Last week though, on another shopping trip we did have lunch out...
We both had Fish Gougon brioche buns - this is before we had exchanged some of my salad for some of hubby's chunky chips - as you can see we chose water for our drinks.

I hope you feel that Spring is surely on it's way after looking at my post. 
Happy March and Happy T Day!
Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Mae Travels said...

What a. beautiful walk! Your spring is very much in advance of ours. My favorite flower in England when I was there in spring was Aubricia, which doesn’t grow in North America.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Wow Chris, you have Spring popping up all over there. Nothing here as of yet-we are just beginning to warm up a bit more during the day and with sunshine-
Enjoyed all of your photos-those french fries look delicious! Happy T Hugs Kathy

Helen said...

what beautiful photos Chris - you had a fabulous day for your walk - we had rain since yesterday evening, all day and it's still going - luckily not so heavy to cause flooding, but boring now! You can't just drop into the post you saw actors and football managers without naming names!! Take care and enjoy the walks while the weather behaves xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Spring has sprung! What a wonderful walk :) Water is always the best choice :) Happy T Tuesday

craftytrog said...

Lovely pics Chris! It's such a beautiful place! Hope we can visit again soon.

Kate Yetter said...

I am always a bit envious of the nearby places that you have to walk. It seems as though you have an abundance of arboretums, historic buildings and castles. Your walks and vacations never disappoint, Chris.
Loved seeing that spring has come to your area. It is always encouraging to see that winter does not last forever.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Syall is starting to show signs of spring. You had some lovely photos, including your shadow selfies. Simply great to see you got out and enjoyed the lovely spring weather.

Your Fish Gougon looks great and I'll take the chips/fries any day over a salad (grin). I get salad at home. Thanks so much for sharing your walk , your meal, and your water with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend. Sorry to read your diabetes is flaring up again.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention how happy T looks.

Carola Bartz said...

So many signs of spring! This must have been such a beautiful walk! I can totally understand that you welcome every sign of spring, so do I and we only have very mild winters here. Still... Happy T day!

Rita said...

Definitely looks like spring your way! Lovely! :)

My name is Erika. said...

Oh you have real spring Chris. Not only did you get a walk, but you have green growth and crocuses. We still have snow on the ground, so this is a vicarious spring walk for me too. Thanks for sharing. That fish sandwich looks so yummy too. I hope it was a great T day and Happy March to you also. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

OH LOOK AT ALL THOSE SIGNS OF SPRING ALONG YOUR GLORIOUS WALK! YOU ARE DEFINITELY AHEAD OF MY AREA. THINGS ARE STILL BROWN AND DULL LOOKING BUT I AM HOPEFUL IT WON'T BE LONG ANYMORE...
WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOU BOTH FOR LUNCH-YUM! HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND HAPPY T DAY!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh my- so sorry- I didn't realize I had the cap lock on- need stronger reading glasses I guess;)

Sharon Madson said...

Chris, you always have such wonderful photos. I always enjoy them. I know what you mean about Blogger not letting you put the photos where you want them. I have to do them one at a time to get them in the right order, because it won't let me move them around! Also, just letting you know I have been finding your comments. :) thank you. Happy T Day!

nwilliams6 said...

Happy T-day a bit late, Chris.

Love all the pictures but the giant pretty flower is my favorite. Would be such a lovely flower for a journal page. Looks like a fab place to visit. Great looking food and super fun to see your sweet hubby too. Hugz

DVArtsit said...

Nice post, lovely photos and a good looking lunch.

Lisca said...

Such lovely photos! I really enjoyed looking at all those spring flowers. Loads of snowdrops and a cluster of hellebores too. The camelia is stunning. What an encouraging post. Just looking at spring on its way makes me feel better, even though we get lots of sun here in Spain, I still long for spring (and summer).
Lunch looks scrummy.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

We had another dusting of snow last night so it was refreshing to see green grass, growing things, and beautiful blue skies. Happy T Day