Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 12 March 2022

April Showers

 Hi everyone, we've been lucky weatherwise for a few days.It rained overnight and more is forecast, but in between we have had a good amount of sunshine.

I made a page which shows the results of sunshine and showers.

I sprayed my page with yellow then used green distress oxide through a Leonie stencil. I inked half of a Carabelle studio Birgit Koopsen stamp and coloured the tulips. I had some scraps of gelli prints that I stamped with leaves by Tracy Scott and stamped a quote from one of Alison Bomber's sets (both Paper Artsy). Before adding the quote I added some more raindrops. The quote was cut up to fit.

I drew squiggly lines around the page and the coloured squares.

I am joining in with Valerie's 'Spring' theme at Art Journal Journey.

We had do some shopping on Thursday so took the opportunity to take a packed lunch and have a walk at Tatton Park.




More on Tuesday for TSFT

Thanks for looking, Chris



14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, pretty journal page for Spring, and very awesome warm enough to enjoy the park with a lunch Happy weekend Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous spring page Chris, love the colours and the wonderful quote, one of my faves. Thanks so much for linking to my chalenge at AJJ! Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute, Spring page. So nice to see flower and green things. We're supposed to get more snow today.

carol l mckenna said...

Your creation is wonderful and love the quote ~ also great photos! Xo

Wishing you love and peace in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun rain page Chris. Those tulips are fun and your stenciled background has a nice rainy feel too. We're getting snow today, not rain, but I would love the rain instead of the snow. This is perfect for Valerie's challenge. And those garden photos are lovely. So much green. Soon we'll have some green here too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very Springy page and anything Emerson is good to read in my book. We're chilly here with warming promised through this next week. xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your rain drenched tulips, Chris. They are beautiful, and so is your awesome page. Looks like you are able to stamp again. Love them a lot,

Nice Views from Tatton Park. A really lovely take on this park,

NatureFootstep said...

Hi, I like what you created for Spring! And I like walking in the rain. As long as it is not too windy so the wind makes the umbrella goes flying :) Seeing your art makes me wish I had a few spraybottles. :)

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris and lovely photos from your walk in the park.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful spring page.
Have a nice week!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a lovely place for a Spring walk :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! Those flowers and the April showers look amazing and I enjoyed the spring walk too. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Rita said...

Very pretty page!
You seem to have so many great places to wander near you. Nice! :)

craftytrog said...

Lovely photos and a gorgeous spring page Chris!
Spring has arrived here, it was warm enough to have lunch in the garden today, without a coat on 😊