Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 6 March 2022

Can't stamp!!!

Hi everyone, I had a fall on Friday - walking along a cobbled pathway in Manchester my foot caught in a hole and I went flat out on my front. I have a bruised nose and knees and aching palms where I tried to stop myself! Fortunately nothing broken - embarrassed, as there were a few folk around - good job hubby was too, I leaned on him to walk back to our car.

Fortunately this was after lunch with our grandson - who by then was  on his train home.

Of course on Saturday the muscle aches set in and I could hardly get any pressure on my stamping block, the pain is easing slightly but I have made a collage page for Art Journal Journey and Valerie's 'Spring' theme 

The main image is from my Alphose Much calendar. I added flowers using, napkins, stickers and some Stamperia papers. The quote is from a velum book of quotes.

This is the image as it was in the calendar....

......and the information underneath
I made a sky by using blue and white paint.

Hopefully the aches will go before we want to go shopping!

Thanks for looking, Chris




13 comments:

Joan said...

Oh dear, that sounds nasty Chris, hope you feel better soon, Lovely page

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, dear, sounds like a nasty fall. So glad nothing broken. A beautiful page with a breath of Spring. I hope you're feeling better.

Helen said...

oh you poor thing! Hope the bruises fade soon and you feel better soon. Helen xx

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear about the fall Chris. I hope the aches and pains disappear quickly, but luckily nothing was broken. That would not have been good. I hope lunch with your grandson went well. I love your flower page with that spring goddess overlooking her handiwork. And very nice handiwork it is. This is a happy page for Valerie's challenge. Have a great start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Oh Chris so sorry to read of your fall. Good thing no broken bones, but it does take a toll on us now as we get older-hoping your pain goes away soon.
Your spring page is awesome I really love it. hugs Kathy

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a pretty page and so sorry you had this setback, prayers for a quick recovery! xoxo

Meggymay said...

Sorry to read about your fall Chris, I hope you are not in too much pain, I think you will have a few nasty bruises as well.
I love how you created this page Chris and used the lovely calendar image.
Look after yourself.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Love Mucha's work and this is a lovely lady - you have made a beautiful Spring page with her!
Sorry about the fall, hope you soon start to feel better.
`Hugs, Neet xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm so sorry about your fall. That's scary, and I'm glad nothing is broken. I hope the soreness is gone soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope you soon feel better, I know that feeling as I fell a couple of weeks back- Hope it's soon better. Love your beautiful page, thanks so much for linking to my challenge in spite of all the ouches. Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Ohh No, I am so sorry you fell. It just takes one little thing. Glad you are OK, no broken bones. Lovely piece of art. Fell better.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel SO sorry for you, dear Chris. I fell last week in my craft room when I tripped my foot on the broken anti-static mat. I was holding a full drawer of rubber stamps (wood mounted). I lost my balance and fell backward on my bottom. If I hadn't been holding that tray of stamps, which flew in all directions, I would more than likely have put my hand out to catch my fall and more than likely broken something. As it is, I landed on a "cushion," rather than a breakable arm.

I am truly impressed with this page, since you are unable to stamp. It is a real beauty and I love it. It just goes to show you don't need stamps to create a genuinely gorgeous journal page. Thanks for also sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's theme, too.

Rita said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better by now. Pretty page. :)