Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 7 November 2022

Junk Journaling

Hi everyone, I thought I would show you some of my junk journaling pages today.

I do collect all sorts of things on our outings, which get added to my mountain of scraps, magazine pages, unused stamped images, gelli prints etc.

I also have a lot of lovely stamps, such as these, that were on an envelope from Elizabeth, containing some napkins in a recent swap, some of you may have already seen them here

I have several junk journal on the go, very useful for clearing my desk!
As soon as I spotted the pear stamp I knew where it was going to go!
On this page there is also a sugar wrapper, a smart price label from some fruit, part of another envelope, a ticket from one of the gardens we have visited, scraps of designer paper, a map, various painty bits, a Crafty Individuals sunflower image and a Hoopoe cut from an old bird book.
Here are scraps, Henry VIII cut from an information leaflet, designer paper cut offs, a bird from a magazine, a label from a scarf I bought at Kew a few years ago, a label from an apple and a biscuit wrapper from our recent visit to France.

 Pretty much the same here, painty scraps, unused stamped image, another garden visit ticket, magazine image, a blue Christmas stamp(just because it was blue) and a chocolate wrapper from a visit to the Lavinia Stamps shop at the beginning of the year.

You see, you really can use anything for collage fodder!

I'll be showing more pages over this month as theses pages are for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's 'Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or Both' theme at Art Journal Journey. 

Thanks for looking, Chris




8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal pages, Chris, I like using every last scrap, too. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

What a great way to use up all the bits and bobs

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Chris, I enjoyed seeing your junk journals-they are awesome!
Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

These are fabulous Chris. Junk journaling is so relaxing, isn't it? It looks like you've been having lots of fun. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never made a jink journal, but I sure like yours. Looks like you have several to choose from, too. I like how you save and incorporate fodder from where you have been or have eaten. This is a great entry for Bleubeard's and my themes at AJJ, Thank you for these, dear.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are fabulous pages !!!
Hugs Elke

Empire of the Cat said...

I just spent a few hours sorting out more junk from the mail etc so I really enjoyed seeing your pages today. I do love a bit of junk journalling, and I think the blue page is my favourite. I also found some of those xmas stamps too so I will be using them in something soon.

Neet said...

In my eyes you are the Queen of Junk Journaling. I remember the tiny one you had with you when you called in at woywwn and how the lay next but one to me was in awe of the tiny journal.
You and Sarah have to be the best at this kind of thing.
Some great journaling going on here Chris.
Hugs, Neet xx