Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 24 November 2022

Brambles (or Blackberries if you wish)

 Hi everyone, it's been a strange old week so far, with some highlights! 

My sugar levels continue to be VERY erratic (Appointment with nurse next week)

We started to watch the new episode of one of our favourite shows - 'The Good Doctor' - only to find that it had been repeated from last week!

Two stones in a favourite ring just disintegrated - not worth repairing so...' bye bye ring'!

Hubby has a poorly eye - suggested treatment hold a hot wet cloth over it several times a day!

I've had a nightmare of a time trying to please the whole family while booking (on youngest's behalf) the venue (and menu) for a celebratory meal

I went to see The Lion King as part of my youngest's 40th Birthday celebrations (birthday next week)and my 75th (next month). It was a good production and we both really enjoyed it.

A trip out with friends to a craft show was a great treat too - it was good to catch up.

Now, onto those Brambles. As a child Blackberries were always known as Brambles because we always picked them from the nearby hedgerows. Hubby and I are lucky enough to be able to find some on some of our walks too (you have to know where to look) but now of course they can be cultivated to produce much bigger berries and are found widely in supermarkets 

While at the craft show I had hoped to find some of Alison Bomber's berry stamps(Paper Artsy) - well, I could only find the Brambles of the ones I wanted so here is my Bramble page

The background is mica powders mixed on an acrylic block and splodged onto the page. I added some crackle and pattern from Crafty Individuals stamps.

The rest of the stamps I used are all from Alison's set, which I coloured with Daniel Smith watercolour paints and added highlights with a white pen.

I am joining in at Art Journal Journey and Elizabeth's choice from her theme 'Collage Fodder, Food and Drink or both'

I have lots of Blackberries in my freezer so maybe a few for a treat later?

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Neet said...

Such a beautiful age Chris. You have certainly done just ice to Alison's stamps with that background and layout. Lovely.
Hugs, Neet xx

sirkkis said...

Beautiful, delicious berry page.
I wish celebrations of you and yours go well and happily 🥰

My name is Erika. said...

The blackberries you pick are always better than the giant cultivated ones in the store- at least I think-for whatever that's worth-smile. I love this page Chris. I picked up these stamps and haven't used them yet, but you have inspired me. The splatter and the background images are lovely. I hope your sugar levels get squared away, as does your planning for birthdays. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

You have a lot of celebrating just now. Hope your sugar levels are soon better. I still go blackberry picking when they are ripe, I love making jam with them! Take care, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow. An absolutely perfect page featuring blackberries. I love how you colored these stamps, too. Even the background stamp is wonderful. This is a fabulous entry for Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that I hope the doctors get your sugar levels at an acceptable level soon.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! Alison's stamps are gorgeous.
I hope your sugar levels are back to normal soon.
Alison x

Joan said...

A lovely page Chris, as kids we just ate the berries straight off the hedgerow and I have to admit I picked and ate one growing in a very overgrown garden down our high street a few weeks ago, probably not a good idea with all the fumes from the cars now! Our cat is called Bramble as we found him as a tiny kitten togther with his mother abandoned in a layby, he's about eleven now and a big handsome cat . Hopeyou can get your sugar levels sorted soon .

Joan x

Helen said...

what a week you've had! your water colouring of Alison's berries is just gorgeous.

Rita said...

I hope your sugar levels even off and hubby's eye is better.
What a pretty page. Love the bramble stamp. :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I hope your blood sugar levels settle down soon and your journal is beautiful with the blackberries! You have a lot to do next week with all the celebrations. Get well soon to you and your husband!
Hugs -Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

You've had a busy week! I hope the blood sugar levels settle down.

I grew up with blackberries in our backyard. I enjoyed them right of the vine, but there were always enough for Mother to make jam. yummm!