Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 November 2022

Art Journal Journey - new theme

 Hi  everyone, the first of the month means that we have a new theme at Art Journal Journey 'Collage Fodder, Food and Drink or Both'....and of course, a new host. This time it's Elizabeth our chief administrator and her pal Bleubeard who are hosting from the Altered Book Lover.

We had such fun with Elle's theme last month, so huge Thanks to Elle for being a great host

I love making collages and have bags and boxes full of scraps, souvenirs and other useful items.

I have several junk journals as well as tiny journals through to big ones. 

This time my page is in a square journal.

I used two green distresss oxide inks through a Dina Wakley stencil and then added more ink through a random dot stencil. I added my collage pieces (which include some tissue that I used to clean alcohol ink from a stencil, a piece from an old master board with all sorts of doodling on it, some dry embossed paper that had been run over by my swivel chair and a stray piece of washi tape that I tore off in order to get to another colour)

I attempted to stamp the Aall and Create pear (Bipashas's design) but it didn't stamp well so I stamped it onto white paper, coloured it with watercolour pencils and fussy cut it along with some flowers that had been stamped for something else and some buds that coloured with a white pen.

I had to turn to the internet for the quote - one I didn't know, but struck me as being so true!

I hope you will find time to join us at AJJ this month. We'll probably be thinking a lot about food over the next few months. 

Thanks for looking, Chris 



7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an utterly charming first entry this month, Chris. I love how the pear and the quote gp so well together. Great use of your collage fodder, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous, Chris, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I'm with you about making collages and having lots to go through to be used up. This is gorgeous I love the blues and the pear, which is perfect. And you even had a lovely quote to match too. What a great page to start the new month. Happy November. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Very pretty! A nice way to use up scraps this month, :)

Neet said...

Such a pretty page Chris. I love how the colours all work together - great stencil work at the back and beautiful images.
Hugs, Neet xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, I love you went with a pear quote and a fun one too. Fab collage! Love this great art. Hugz

craftytrog said...

Such a gorgeous page Chris! I love it!