Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 22 November 2022

T Stands For......the very best...

 Hi everyone, I had a few hiccups with commenting last week but think I did eventually get around to everyone.

As you know we went to stay with my eldest and my DIL at their Manoir near Tourtoirac. My DIL had described it as 'Armageddon Chic' before we went, however, although they still have a lot to do, it was absolutely wonderful(I will show you pics soon)

One of our outings was to Hautefort Chateau. Now, we visit gardens a lot, but this garden was in my top 3 best gardens.

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

































I would have loved to have seen these gardens in the Summer
We also found how the hedges were kept so neat.
Measured and cut with stakes and twine guidelines to get both height and width even.
The Chateau was beautiful too.






















For my drink photo this week it is of hubby and our fancy coffees at Starbucks on a recent shopping trip
I didn't know that you can get low sugar versions of their syrups so I am sharing this at T Stands For Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover.

Thanks for looking, Chris



12 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Yes, that is a spectacular garden. The number of people needed to do the perfect trim on all the hedges and mazes must be enormous.

Have a great week.

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Wow Chris fabulous photos of the gardens and the chateau-thanks so much for sharing-enjoyed your post very much hugs Kathy

Rita said...

They must have an entire crew of hedge workers with their stakes and twine working 7 days a week! Gorgeous! And it was just gorgeous inside, too. :)

Carola Bartz said...

There are some very beautiful flowers and plants in this garden and the view is gorgeous. However, I'm not particularly fond of formal gardens.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a grand and elegant Chateau! It looks like an amazing place to visit, the views that you captured with the flowers in the foreground are so beautiful 😊. Thanks for sharing, it's always a pleasure to visit with you and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris i just LOVE all those topiaries! I love to draw topiaries so that was right up my alley! Thank you for all the lovely pictures. I'm always a little green with envy with all the traveling you and hubby do. If funds would allow hubby and i would be doing the same thing.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Helen said...

That chateau and the gardens are just stunning! You always get to see such beautiful places.

My name is Erika. said...

That is one amazing garden. And the palace doesn't look too shabby either. Isn't it amazing how every garden has its own personality? I'm really glad you shared these Chris. They were amazing. I never go to Starbucks so I didn't know that they had sugar-free syrups. But you never know when you need to know that. I hope you had a great T day. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

The interior and exterior are beautiful! I love the flower choices and the sculpted hedges. What a unique artform. So glad you shared this chateau.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

DVArtist said...

Wow! I think this place is spectacular. I could walk the gardens every day. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful place. Have a nice evening.

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful photos as always, Chris. Your photos always make me wish I was there. :) Happy T DAy.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apology for the very late visit. I realized I needed to drag myself out of bed and see what you had offered for T this week. I'm definitely not a very good host, but I want you to know I greatly appreciate your visit and for linking this week.

Of all the gorgeous and beautiful photos you shared, those copper pots and pans were what made me smile the most. Thanks for sharing these with us for T Tuesday, dear friend.