Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 November 2022

T Stands For.....The onward journey

 Hi everyone,  first I must apologise for not getting around to everyone last week. The hotel we stayed in had very unreliable wifi and when we got home we had some hospital visiting to do and a 100th birthday party to attend. 

I'm keeping this week's T Stands For Tuesday post short as we've been out all day. 

The day after the Queen's funeral we said goodbye to our friends and set off to travel further South, the road we took led us to Gençay, a small town we had visited with our friends a few years ago, we knew where we could get a great lunch!

I'm joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday - anyone can join in along as you have something drink related to show 

We chose water to have with our meal.
We had chicken in tomato sauce with rice and lentils, it was delicious and very colourful as you can see.




In between courses I took some photos of the collaged table


The Cafe Cantine du Commerce - as you can see we had glorious blue skies again.

We had a little look around the town
This shop serves great afternoon teas, sells English bookstand has some lovely gifts. Unfortunately it was closed for lunch.




Then it was back onto the road to go and meet up with eldest son and his wife, they had suggested suggested that we stop off to see a reclamation yard that they visit regularly. 

Some French traffic islands are so interesting.

I loved the reclamation yard, hubby less so ('nuff said!) 
Rust, rust and more rust...



We weren't surprised to see this photo of the Queen as the owners are English

This box did tempt me but I got 'the look' from hubby so passed by.

Time to go and meet up for our evening meal - more next time. 

Thanks for looking, Chris









8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh your lunch looks yummy, and that table is great. I love the idea of collaging the table top. And what a great town. I love salvage stores too, and it could have been dangerous for me. This looks like a fun day in the "south". Thanks for sharing Chris. Hope it was a happy T day. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Your trip looks just lovely! I like the cafe’s decorated table top, and would love the chicken dish.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

I am enjoying your trip!! the table - and lunch - looks great, very unusual (table)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the collaged table, great idea!. Happy T Daay, hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Great looking food! I would have definitely loved that reclaimation place. My husband would have been more into it than me - I would have been giving the look and he would have ignored it - lol. Love the collaged table. Happy T-day and hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Yummy food and the tabletop is so cool. Yeah, I'd have a hard time dragging Himself through the reclaimed yard, too. Happy T Day

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh wouldn't it be fun to have a rummage through that reclamation place! That shop looks really fun too, tea, english books and gifts, and the one that is painted so prettily outside. Your dessert looks tasty, my eye went right to it as I am hungry and waiting for dinner to cook. Love the collaged table too. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for the very late visit. My internet has been offline for well over a day. Between blogger and the internet, I am really stressed out.

The rice and lentils look tempting. I wouldn't need the chicken. And of course, water is the perfect choice when you go out to eat.

That table is really clever. It makes me want to do that to my old blue round outdoor metal table.

I loved the mural you found. and I would have been in that reclamation yard all day long. My kind of place. I went ga ga over the rust!

Thanks for sharing your meal and water, along with the reclamation shop with us for T this week, dear Chris. Again, sorry to be so late visiting.