Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 25 November 2022

In the sun

 Hi everyone, what a lovely sunny day we've had here!

My page for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's theme hopefully will please them both today. Their theme at Art Journal Journey is Collage Fodder, Food and Drink or both.

I made this page yesterday when the weather, and my mood, were gloomy.

I used lots of random neutrally coloured papers - because they were piling up on a corner of my desk.

I added images cut from magazines, chocolate wrappers and on the right a wrapper that I begged from a restaurant in Angers - one came with our meal but was creased and a little bit food stained - I asked for a clean one (as hubby cringed) and they were only too happy to oblige.

The meal by the way was delicious and one of the few we had in France that came with vegetables.

The fish is a Paper Artsy one.

At the top left is a ticket from the chateau hubby and I visited one day on our own. Just by chance on one of the pieces of paper has the word Froment on it which is French for Wheat.

Thanks for looking, Chris



5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is collage fodder at its finest, dear Chris. I love it. I love how you pulled all those disparate pieces together to create a uniform whole. This is amazing and perfect for Bleubeard's and my themes at Art Journal Journey.

CJ Kennedy said...

Now that the weather is turning colder, I'm dreaming of being on the beach just like the woman in/on your beautiful page. Enjoy the weekend!

Cloudia said...

I love your work

My name is Erika. said...

She's a girl at some Mediterranean beach, isn't she? I like the neutral colors with just a pop of red. And I like the girl image you used too. I like this page Chris. It has lots of creates bits and pieces and tells a nice story. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks like one happy woman, and who can blame her :)