Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 18 November 2022

Coffee and cake

Hi everyone, I'm feeling slightly improved regarding my medication but they're still not doing what they're supposed to do - which is improve my blood sugar levels, they were much better on a lower dose. I've been asked to stick it out for a little while longer.

The weather hasn't been good this week so we've grabbed the chance to sort out some paper work - ugh!! 

I had been looking forward to a play with my new Janet Klein tall girls, so, having worked hard for a couple of days I had a play this morning.


The background is a combination of stencilling and stamping with circles and text.
The girls and their pets (from some older stamps) were coloured and fussy cut and I added a little bit of 'carpet' for them.
The words are from the tag girl stamp sets.

I'm joining in at Art Journal Journey where Bleubeard and Elizabeth have a great theme - 'Collage Fodder, Food and Drink or both' - I've opted for Elizabeth's choice of Food and Drink.

Thanks for looking, Chris



 

6 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Love those girlies. You can't have coffee or tea without a little something. Cake is perfect. Enjoy your weekend

My name is Erika. said...

I used a tall girl on a page I recently made. Not either of these, but I did pick up the cake girl at the same time. I like how you used them, and added those JK animals too.These 2 girls work together very well. What a fun fun page Chris. I hope you get adjusted to those meds soon, and have a super weekend too. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

The tall girls are cute.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovel journal page, and coffee and cake make it even more special! Hope you get used to your meds soon. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be late visiting. I've been sick and have mostly stayed in bed with the boys. These new Janet Klein tall girls are fun. I love how you colored them and used them in your latest spread. This is such a fun entry with the animals, too. Thanks for sharing this lovely piece with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

I hope your meds get sorted soon and that you are back feeling well, too.

Neet said...

Haven't had my tall girls out of the packets yet - did you opt for the birthday pack?
I am determined to start a journal with all my JK stamps some time after Christmas. I have so many now and enjoy Miss Dee ones (only got the first ones) so there is plenty of scope for me.
Great background but then you always do them well.
Hugs, Neet xx