Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 4 November 2022

There's never a wrong time...

 ...is there? Hi everyone, I'm a little late with my Calendar Journal pages.

We came back last night having taken a detour to come home. Photos will follow!

We seemed to be having lots of stop offs for coffee and cake during our short break and the way things are heading I think there will be a few more occasions this month(and next)so my images this time are just that (although you can have tea or hot chocolate if you wish)

I used a stencil with poppy seedheads on and another with a postmark and text on.

The stamps are from Aall and Create (Bipasha's designs again) which I stamped on to tissue and coloured on the back so that the stamping showed. I used a calligraphy pen to write the month and the words.

It is also my entry for Art Journal Journey where I opted for Elizabeth's Food (sorry Bleubeard - no collage fodder today) theme.

Here is last month filled in

Almost all of you know I very rarely have a whole cake - usually hubby has two thirds of anything we get.

The exception was when we went to Westonbirt National Arboretum - the Donut truck was the first thing we saw when we set off to enjoy the Autumn colours and the last place we went to. I had only mentioned to hubby the day before that I really loved hot donuts. We bought a bag of 8 mini donuts and I ate 4 of them.......and savoured every mouthful - it will be a while till I have any more!

Sadly, during the recent rain and winds lots of leaves had already fallen but there was still plenty of colour









The same tree as we got closer


The paths are well laid out and easy to follow.

There will be more photos in my next post.

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Helen said...

gorgeous trees! the doughnuts sound so yummy too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again,your calendar puts mine to shame. I love the coffee and cake concept and this looks like a bit of collage fodder in there, too. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Your doughnuts sound good, but that autumn walk is out of this world. I loved the colors and the beauty you shared in these photos, dear. The colors of the changing leaves was priceless.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous calendars, and lots of beautiful photos. Those donuts sound good, now I am craving someting sweet and sticky! Hugs, valerie

sirkkis said...

Beautiful calendar pages. Thanks for sharing lovely autumn photos,
and good apetit to you xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous photos Chris, and I love your November calendar. The sentiment is so true.
Alison

My name is Erika. said...

The garden is still gorgeous Chris. And I'm with you about a donut truck. They are an occasional special treat for certain. And nice calendar this month too. Coffee and cake (well tea for me) is always a happy moment to break up any day. Have a wonderful weekend, and glad you had a nice trip. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Your calendar is so neat and full! Gorgeous Autumn colors go hand in glove with fresh donuts.

Annie said...

Your November calendar looks fantastic! Aall and Create make the best stamps! And you’ve colored them in perfectly. I’ve got my coffee, I just need the cake!

Gillena Cox said...

Gorgeous fall photos. Luv too your collage.
Happy you dropped by my blog.

Muchđź’›love

nwilliams6 said...

Fabulous calendars, Chris. So many cool images and you are so faithful filing them in. LOve them!

Super pictures too. I would have thought of the coffee and donuts the whole time! LOL! YUM! Now I want a donut!

Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm ready for "lots of stop offs for coffee and cake" and a nice walk along Autumn paths :)