Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 14 November 2022

T Stands for....Tourtoirac and more

 Hi everyone, it's been a topsy turvy week, so hoping to get back to a routine this week, meds still causing a few problems but I'm expecting a phone call from the Diabetic nurse later in the week so hopefully it will get sorted!

We've been getting daily updates from my youngest son and his partner who are on the cruise they won. They have been sailing around some islands in the Carribean and it all looks amazing!

I'm continuing with our France adventure. You may remember, we were on our way to visit my eldest and his wife who were down in the Perigord region working on their Manoir.

We arranged to meet them in Tourtoirac, the nearest village, for a meal(so we could follow them home). We arrived first so there was time for a little explore.



We didn't know, but we were going to sit by this river for our meal - at the L.R.D. on the left of the photo.
We never got time to visit this Brocante - maybe another time!




It was great to meet up with them both and the food was delicious - we were so busy chatting that I forgot to take photos.

We watched a Kingfisher darting up and down, saw a Heron land on the opposite bank, watched a small murmuration of starlings and, as it got dark, enjoyed watching a couple of Coypus slip in and out of the water. 

The next morning we had plans - Perigeux, where there was market on.

The first thing we did was call in to the Cathedral de St Front de Perigueux 



Some original wall panels




I loved the little alleyways in Perigeux





As you see, connections with Alionor d"Aquitaine.




The next set of photos are randomly ordered - courtesy of Google
















These are my only drink related photos for T Stands for Tuesday - Bleubeard and Elizabeth's weekly link up at The Altered Book Lover

This is Cafe de la Truffe restaurant where we had our lunch. At that time the tables were in front of the restaurant and there were market stalls in the square. During our meal the stalls were dismantled and taken away(interesting to watch) and when we came back an hour later the tables had been moved out into the square

This shell sign signifies that it as part of the pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. 









During our visit we spotted this too, as you can see I stood there quite a while.

Once again I fear I have rambled a bit.

I am hoping that Google will have stopped playing games with commenting again - I have sometimes written a long comment only to find that it won't publish, all I can say I'll be round even if I can't comment.

Thanks for looking, Chris





12 comments:

Mae Travels said...

What a wonderful visit to a small French town! Thank you for letting us travel with you. I would love to see those riverside walks and town squares and market stalls.

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

You took some really nice photos of this lovely place. Those old French towns are just delightful.

kathyinozarks said...

Wow amazing travel post as always Chris I really enjoyed all of the photos very much-Happy T hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

I loved the photos of your visit to France! So many wonderful things. I have to admit, that photo with the balloons is my favorite!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like another beautifu8l day in France. Beautiful views of the town and the gorgeous Cathedral. I love how the light from the stained glass windows reflected on the walls.

Such tiny streets. Beautiful, though. Colorful umbrellas and balls, too.

Those cuos ad water flasks were awesome. I enjoyed the nature inspired pieces you chose to share with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris. Thanks for sharing how "real" French people live and shop.

Iris Flavia said...


Always great when you enjoy so much you forget to take pics.
Love the umbrella-lane. And fromage, hmmmm....
Fun, we have a hopscotch in or hall, too. When one of my teamleadersvisited me at home he jumped :-)
Only one who ever did!
My deer shoes say hi. Oh, and the kookaburra, and Henry. The carousel is beautiful, too.
Thank you for sharing a wonderful trip!

Rita said...

What a fabulous trip and visit!
The tall buildings and narrow alleyways make me a little claustrophobic--LOL! But it is all so pretty.
I hope you are feeling well and yourself soon. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you really visit some beautiful places on your French adventures! The photos are amazing, I love how you captured the light from the stained glass and the rural lanes are so pretty 😊. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Older "Villages" in Europe are always so fascinating to look at. This one is very pretty. I love old churches and cathedrals too. I guess I like that ancient worn look a lot. Another good T day of photos Chris. Hope your meds get straightened out and all is well. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Hope you are feeling better Chris. The first several photos look so peacful. The others are places I would love to visit. I am so glad I get to do that through you. Have a great day.

Lisca said...

Thanks for the tour, I enjoyed it. I loved the old wall paintings in the church and of course the umbrellas and balloons hanging above the street are such fun!
Your choice of qualifier for T-Day is great. Those are beautiful plates and mugs. Of course my eye immediately went to the turtle/tortoise.
And I think Elizabeth will love those carousel horses.
I hope this comment will get through as Blogger doesn’t like iPads.
Happy TDay,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful trip. Looks like you had beautiful weather. I loved the way the stained glass at the cathedral was reflected on the stone. Loved the umbrellas above the street and the balloons. The most spectacular was the carousel. Happy T Day