Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 20 February 2022

Just playing!

 Hi everyone, now that things are getting back to something like normal I decided just get some paint out and play.

I made a page for Art Journal Journey and Bleubeard and Elizabeth's theme - 'What's Your Style?' 

I scraped some Paper Artsy Fresco paint onto my page. I had already got  a splodge of yellow in the centre of the page and I was intending adding more colour but liked what I saw so let it be.

I don't remember when I first came across Tim Holtz's products, probably at a workshop somewhere but I quickly became a fan. (So much so that I went down to Coventry when Tim came over to teach some workshops)


Here I am with Tim, Lindsay Mason and Heather( Lindsay's sister who used to run an ATC swap that I took part in and is a brilliant artist)

The stamp I use here (Theories) is not such an old one though and I combined it with some leftover paint from another project to add some stencilling using Tim's texture fades.

A little bit of spatter was also added and a Snarky word strip from a Small Talk set.

I also made a tag for Tag Tuesday where Sandie has chosen King, Queen or both as her theme.

I spread some white paint onto the tag then used some more leftover paint to stencil then stamped the Paper Artsy Lynne Perella stamp and added a stamped and fussy cut crown.

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Delicious eye candy. I like the colors on the first piece and the quote made me laugh

Sandra Wright. said...

Your Tag is awesome, love the background and I love the Lynne Perella image with her fabulous crown.
Thank you so much for playing along with my theme at Tag Tuesday x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page and I love your tag too Chris!
That's a good photo of you with Tim, I did his class at the PaperArtsy event a few years ago.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Alison

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The journal page is wonderful. i love the tiny bit of yellow. It gave that pop of color that was needed, Such a fun entry and beautiful stamps. Love this style. It's perfect for Bluebeard's and my theme at Ar Journal Journey, dear.

I remember when artists were making those books. Tim was responsible for a lot of blog posts that shared them.

That's a clever tag. I should get out my Perella stamp you sent me and use it on a tag. So much to do, so little time.

My name is Erika. said...

I've done a couple TH classes myself. There used to be a fantastic paper arts store about an hour away where he would teach, as well as others. Now the store is no more and I miss taking those types of classes. I wonder how many people he has taken photos with over the course of his career. I am loving your page today Chris. That is a cool stamped image. And your tag is super also. Those Lynne Perella images are very distinct. I hope you had a nice weekend and start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Its a great quote strip you used on thus super page Chris.
You were so lucky to meet TH and go to a class, it must have been a real special day.
Stay safe in the storms we are having just now.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Morning Chris. Well I never, this brings back happy memories for me as well. In fact that was where I first met you at Tim's workshop in Coventry. Anyway, your Journal page is so beautiful and the stamps used are great. I'm just starting my first Journal,but struggling a bit bringing it all together. Hugs Rita xx

sirkkis said...

Gorgeous tag and page, Chris. You have had a nice meeting. First time see Tim's photo. I supposed he is older!
Have a wonderful week ahead xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I never had any luck with stamps and admire folks who do so well with them.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the art and the Tim story, xoxo