Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 18 February 2022

A little bit of Wanderlust!

 Hi everyone, I'm pleased to tell you that hubby is beginning to get back to eating a normal diet again. Still gradually introducing new foods.

We haven't had our usual walks this week but are making plans for next week - just as well really as the weather has taken a turn for the worse. I hope everyone has been able to stay safe with the recant storms.

We have had time to make our latest Wanderlust 22 pages

The lesson by Mary Beth Shaw was about making lots of layers - we didn't have everything on the supply list once again, but used Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints which have a lovely texture of their own.

I also decided to use this page for an Art Journal Journey entry and Elizabeth's theme 'What's Your Style?'

The stamps I used this time are Darkroom Door. Rachel Greig's workshop (years ago at Topaz near Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire) was brilliant and fun and one of my happiest memories of spending a day with like minded friends.

I used Aall and Create stencils and some marks of my own.

I would also like to enter at 

Stamping Sensations - Anything stamped with option of wings and tails

We Love Stamping - Anything stamped with option add stencilling

Hubby is sticking with his wildlife themed pages.

I love the colours he chose and he sensibly knew when to stop (I just got carrried away with the stencilling!)

I didn't show last weeks so here they are-


The lesson was by Soraya Nulliah and used a lot of black and white gesso as well as bright colours.

Week 4 was a lesson by Laly Mille


Lots of collage and white gesso - we both really enjoyed this one.

Another that we enjoyed..eventually was Kasia Avery's class from week 2



I'm not sure whether I have already posted this one though, lots of black and white gesso and dried plants.


We are hoping to see one of our sons this weekend - weather permitting!

Thanks for looking, Chris



 




 

16 comments:

Helen said...

I'm loving the pages - the first 2 and the black and white ones especially. I never got round to signing up this year (had thought about it) but I'd never have kept up anyway!! Have a good weekend and enjoy your trips planned next week.

Fiona said...

these are wonderful pages, I love the different patterns and textures...very effective.

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

Mervi said...

Fabulous pages.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Zoechaos said...

I love your work it feels wonderfully experimental, free flowing and exciting thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping with your inspiring work. xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Your pages are fabulous. I think it's so cool that you make art together.

My name is Erika. said...

I love how you and your husband have art time together. It is fun to see how you both make your pages. I think your husband likes owls. All these pages are amazing and perfect for AJJ. You should have your husband start a blog and link himself up. Smile. I hope the storm subsides quickly and you don't have any major issues from it. Happy weekend Chris. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Oh, I just love seeing you and dear hubby's Wanderlust journal pages!! I'm so glad he is feeling better. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Vee Cassidy said...

Some beautiful pages from you both, thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

brenda said...

A fabulous display of textures, colour plants and wildlife which all appeal to me.

Many thanks for sharing and joining in at Stamping Sensation and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A fantastic explosion of beautiful stamping and texture. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful feast for the eyes Chris! All pages are wonderful!
We were hoping to see our son this weekend for his 30th birthday, but he's decided not to risk disruptions from storm damage, on his train journey from Salford.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Alison

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic artwork.

Neet said...

What an art fest this is Chris. So glad to hear hubby is on the mend too - you must feel so much better now.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As you know by now, I was offline since midday yesterday due to an area wide outage at AT&T. Now I'm trying to catch up. You have provided many wonderful journal pages. I especially am drawn to Laly's lesson, but I also LOVE the first spreads you shared. They are so very colorful which is just opposite the white spread. Thanks for sharing these incredible beauties with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme, dear friends.

Carola Bartz said...

It's so cool that you do Wanderlust together with your husband. I imagine it's quite lovely to work on those lessons and then see what the other did. Your pages look great.

Meggymay said...

An awesome selection pf pages from you both. It must be good to compare with each other and see how you interpret the lessons.
It was good to read that your hubby was feeling better.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx