Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 12 February 2022

Live in the sunshine

Well, what a week..and it continues into next week. Hubby has been on a special low fibre diet for a week now, he has been to hospital for investigations and has to return next week, meanwhile my diet must contain green vegetables and pulses etc. I now envy those folk with huge hobs and ovens. I'm hoping that all returns to some sort of order by this time next week. 

Blogger has started to be kinder to me and I am slowly(very slowly) catching up - just as I don't have much time or energy!

One thing though - I practically gave up driving a couple of years ago and I am now back in the driving seat - some of the time at least!

I have finished a couple of journal pages and continuing to use my stamps. 

Elizabeth's theme at Art Journal Journey is 'What's Your Style' and although I don't have a style I love stamping, especially with rubber stamps.

I am trying to keep in some sort of order of buying my stamps 

This time I have an Artistic Outpost set.

I think the places shown here must be of Alabama as there is a text stamp with an extract from 'To Kill Mockingbird'

From what I know of Alabama it has some of the highest temperatures but also is known for tornados.

I rubbed some distress inks onto the page with a babywipe then stamped the images slightly overlapping and did some paper piecing with the houses. I added some of the text stamps randomly.

The quote was stamped onto card and 'sunshine' mounted to stand out more.

I will be trying to catch up this weekend!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx


10 comments:

Helen said...

hope you are both ok! good luck with the driving again; I never did enjoy it. Love the journal page.

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty sunrise. I had to looks up pulses. Learn something new every day. I hope things are more back to normal for you soon.

My name is Erika. said...

I have this set and it is a classic. I should use mine as you're page has inspired me. I'm loving the sunset and the words stamped on the background. This is perfect for Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. I'm hoping for you that all returns to normal also. Sounds like a trying week. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also had to look up pulses. A good word to encompass so many of these beans and lentils. I hope both of you are doing better soon.

This is another really lovely journal page, Chris. I certainly like all these stamps and I can see how well they go together, too. I especially like the pocket watch and your sunny background. I'm loving how you use and segregate your stamps for this challenge, Thank you so much for honoring Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page Chris, love the colours and stamps you used. Sorry you are having problems, hope you are both soon feeling well! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

I hope the hubby is well. Both of you. :)

I remember us driving through Alabama when I was a kid (before civil rights and all). Being from Minnesota I had never seen "Whites Only" and "Colored Only" signs. It was really scary to me--to my folks. Can't imagine what it was like to live there. Times have changed here but not enough by a long shot.

Very pretty page, though. Do love farms and windmills. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope all goes well and you can get back to normal soon.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page!
Hope your Hubby's investigations turn out ok Chris.
Alison

Marjut said...

Fantastic page!
Have a nice week

Neet said...

Love the page, like your style (rubber stamping) and I recognise the stamps as my American friend had it in her stash. Not as knowledgeable as you about the area but I like the page.
Sorry to hear about the hubby - hope everything goes well and he is fine.
Hugs, Neet (who hasn't driven for about 10 years) xx