Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 February 2022

Stamps and Ink...

Welcome February and to our host this month at Art Journal Journey. 

Thanks to Erika for a fabulous start to the year - time ran out on me - a lot going on, but hopefully things will slow down a little!

Elizabeth (along with Bleubeard of course) of the Altered Book Lover is asking the question 'What's Your Style?'. 

I pondered over this question as I don't really have a style BUT, I do love stamps and inks so what you will see here will be mainly stamping this month, although I can't promise that there won't be some stencilling and an occasional collage.

When I first began art journaling in 2008 I had a small selection of Paper Artsy, Crafty Individuals and Elusive Image (now Chocolate Baroque) stamps with a few odd random stamps.

The stamp set I used on my page today was one of the first Paper Artsy ones I bought and it's still a great favourite

I used four stamps from the Hot Picks set noHP1602EZ.
The number stamp was used randomly turning it upside down occasionally, all using Faded Lilac Distress ink.
I stamped the main image, the ferny leaves and the butterfly with Versafine ink.
I coloured the image with the DI(with a little bit of Twisted Citron)and went to a favourite Lin Brown set (ELB22) for the words. 
Finally some spatters and inking around the edges.

I hope to see you showing your own particular style during February!

Thanks for looking, Chris


14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For me, you are and always will be the stamping queen. I know we will see loads of beautiful art this month, most of it revolving around stamping. This is a perfect example of a great first entry using my theme.

Rita said...

What a beautiful page Chris. Really pretty. Hope your Well. Hugs Rita xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic inspiration page for the new AJJ theme, I had a feeling you would choose stamping Chris your stamping always looks so clear and crisp on the page and you seem to have a wonderful collection of stamps to use.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This will be a fun month and I hope we can see a lot of stamping. I also love rubber stamps. Aren’t they a lot of fun? I like how you used one of your first set of stamps to make this great example. This is a great way to start off the new month. Happy February Chris. Hugs Erika

Neet said...

From one stamper to another - this is fabulous Chris. A lovely delightful page - love the muted colours, love everything.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful Piece, the stamping is lovely. I don't do much stamping these days as my fingers are so shaky, but perhaps one day it will get better! Hus, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I think your style is elegant. Pretty butterfly stamp

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely LOVE your beautiful style! The stamping is absolutely amazing and this page is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Hugs, Sharon

Divers and Sundry said...

I've tried stamping but could never make it look good. You're a star at it :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Rubber stamps really are the best like a good friend and thats a fabulous first set you've used on your page Chris the words really speak for themselves don't they. Happy February Hugs Tracey x

Fiona said...

So pretty - such a delicate page

craftytrog said...

Simply beautiful Chris! xx

nwilliams6 said...

pretty page, Chris. I love that you used some of your favorite stamps since you know how much I love stamps! The words are special too. Every day is a blessing! Hugz

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Chris, I'm behind in commenting and catching up. As usual, a lovely page! Lavender shades always please me as does stamping. xoxo