Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Calendar Journal - oldies but goodies! (Including a second look on the 2nd)


Hi everyone, I have my calendar journal ready to show you and I am joining in at Art Journal Journey where Bleubeard and Elizabeth are asking 'What's Your Style?'

As I mentioned yesterday I had a few stamps when I first started art journaling/card making - hopefully over the month I will show you some of the stamp stash I built up over the years in order of being introduced to the designers.

As many of you may know I am part of the Design Team at Crafty Individuals and thrilled to be so!

The owl stamp in the bottom right corner is the  one of the first Crafty individuals stamps I bought, along with some text and background stamps as I recall.
The other stamps were some of the next ones I got. 

I have used two of my favourite background stamps(Baroque Splatter Script CI430) for the background - using Distress ink and spritzing  and just Distress ink for one of the latest background stamps - Counting Down CI573) a number stamp.

I have written the reference number of the stamps underneath each one. Crafty Individuals are heading for 600 stamp designs these days.

Here is last month's filled in.

Quite a busy month and this month has started the same way - we have been to the hospital for hubby's pre-med today and have to wait until a week on Friday now. Lots of distractions for us this week I think!

                    ___________________________

 I am also joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a Second Look On The 2nd with a post using another old CI stamp from January 2013

I've been looking at the work of some very talented girls (Magda Polakow and Kasia Krzyminska)and find their work so different and inspiring! This is my take!

 Not my usual colours, but I started this background ages ago using a Dylusions mask and spray. I then saw my friend Pat's blog where she too has been influenced by these girls and which had me in my craft room yesterday - playing! The image - Crafty Individuals(CI148) was in one of my scrap folders and had been stamped onto mop-up paper. I used a Wendy Vecchi gothic text stamped onto some tissue paper to tone down the brightness of the spray and mixed gold and white acrylic paint through a mask to give some texture, some more scraps and bit of scraped paint and doodling and I thought - finished!


Ah! but then found some words in the Sunday supplement and added them, so then it didn't look quite right, so used a film strip punch onto the bottom of a kraft tag, stamped 'calm' and layered it with lace at the bottom - now it's done!

                  _________________________________

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

The new calendar has a lovely selection of your early stamps Chris. I have the owl one and it is still a favorite of mine. It's interesting how stamps seem to go through phases; some phases have more appealing stamps (to me at least) than some of the others. These are all great stamps though. This is also a fantastic relook too. Hope February is treating you well so far, even if it is only 2 days. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO sorry you can't seem to get the link to work. I don't know what else to do because I added the edited link. Your calendar pages put mine to shame again. You and Alison always come up with something great. I love what you did for my theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

I am so grateful you shared this second look. Another perfect example of your stamping ability. That little girl is adorable and I love how you added the extra word and the texture. It's a perfect example of how your art and journaling has evolved over time, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Love your stamps! I have a rolling one with the flags, think I need to search it, makes me always so happy (I have some for real hanging in the condo, too).

Meggymay said...

A super selection of stamps and new ones on your calendar page Chris , stamping is your go to style.
Stay safe. Yvonne xx

Caty said...

Wow those calendar pages are so Wonderful Chris ! I loove them, the lovely stamps, the colours, and the design for the month. I think I have to do calendar pages too. Your Art journal page is fantastique ! Love the texture and the layers, great image and colours, love these colours.
I hope your husband is well now, with good news. And I wish you a very nice Friday, take care and big hugs
Caty

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, as always, I love your calendar pages. Super use of very cool stamps. The new and the old are great!

Your journal page is very cool. I love the colors (they are my colors for sure) and all the textures and layers - I am going to check out your inspiration. I love that you try new things and make them your own.

Hugz

craftytrog said...

Wonderful calendar pages Chris! I have a big box of CI stamps, I love their vintage collage designs.
Have a great weekend,
Alison

NatureFootstep said...

great work. Love your colors. :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love all the stamping on your calendar pages and also your journal page along with those fab textural elements and inking. And I love old stamp stash, they are treasures! Great good luck for Hubby's tests. And I enjoyed Magda's art, thanks for the link. xoxo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Chris, I could never get the link for Kasia Krzyminska to work so after I left my comment, went and googled her. THAT'S KASIA AVERY!!!! I'm taking Wanderlust 2022 (and also took 2019). Oh she is fabulous. Found a 2013 youtube video of her with Prima and there is NO mistaking that voice! Ha! Yes, love her very much! xoxoxo