Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 February 2022

T Stands for the end of the day...

We've had some walks lately but I'll save those and go straight to Paris.

After our walk around Bercy Park we set off (late afternoon) for the hotel. We couldn't resist a walk through the Garden des Plantes

We sat in the shade for a while with a cold drink

I didn't mind being out in the sun but hubby walked along under the shade of the trees.

Each area has a selection of connected plants, 




















By the gate is a huge Judas Tree - I hope we get to see it in flower in April

We started walking back to the hotel- lots to see in this area
Even at around 6.00pm it was very warm













At last we spotted the top of the commercial centre at Place d'Italie
The bakers just across the road 

This is the best I can do to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth at the Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday. We popped into the Boulangerie for a cold drink and a cake to take back to the hotel - you can see the fridge containing the drinks just inside the door.

OUT TAKES for your amusement
Hubby thought it funny to take photos of me being interested in the plants.


I did spot him a couple of times
Trying to ignore him here!
Next week - our last day!

Thanks for looking, I hope I have more luck leaving comments this week. I'm afraid I gave up on some, having tried 2 or 3 times.
There's no rhyme or reason - blogger lets me comment on some posts and not others!

Have a Happy T Day, Chris























11 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Chris's Garden Adventures- England and France Edition. That's the title of your coffee table book! :) Your photos are just exquisite! A totally enjoyable post from beginning to end. I must say that the buildings with such fabulous architecture in Paris are my favorites, but I also loved seeing how much you were enjoying the gardens:) Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

so sorry you having issues with commenting blogger seems to do that sometimes.
enjoyed all of your photos in Paris-wonderful cute your husband taking photos of you-hugs Happy T

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I love seeing nice weather (since its cold and snowy here). You always find such beautiful gardens. And such wonderful art on buildings too. I really love the tree painted on the side of that tan building. I hope February has started well for you Chris and you had a great T day. And hopefully blogger will fix their commenting issue too. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

I know that I can't post comments from my iPad, only on my laptop.
Thank you for sharing, Paris. It has been almost 30 years since we went. I wished I had taken more photos. We wanted to go back sometime, but now at our age, it is doubtful. It is wonderful you will get to go back in the spring.
Happy T Day.

Mae Travels said...

Again, I loved seeing this part of paris that I’ve never explored in numerous visits. Your photos are wonderful!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have noticed three things in your walks. First, there are tons of people (even in the gardens) and not a mask in sight. Second, I had better learn French if I want to go to Paris, because everything is written in French and nothing written in English (Natural History Museum legend is an example). Third, I'm madly in love with those apartments where each has its own wonderful balcony.

Thanks for taking us on this wonderful trip with you and for stopping by the Boulangerie for drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Rita said...

How beautiful!! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful pictures, Chris. My daughter just booked a trip to Paris for her graduation. She is excited and I have been sharing your pictures with her. Her main goal seems to be having coffee at as many cafes as possible and the standard places, but I a trying to get her to see there is so much more. Happy T-day and many hugz

DVArtist said...

I had to change browsers to post and comment on blogger. Now it works perfectly. That was a beautiful walk, thank you.

Divers and Sundry said...

"straight to Paris" sounds like a wonderful idea :) I'm looking at the scenes you show, your lovely photos, and going there in my mind. Happy T Day!

CJ Kennedy said...

I so needed to see these photos today. So much green and colorful flowers and none of them buried under snow! Happy T Day