Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 February 2022

All Loved Up at TIOT

Hi everyone - yes we are heading towards Valentines day and here at Try It On Tuesday we are 'All Loved Up'

The Design Team are a loving bunch so please pop and see them and leave them some love!

I have a journal page. It's inspired by the shadow pics my hubby likes to take.


I began by sticking some book paper over the page and adding a coat of white gesso and a smudge of black to make a grey.

I added lots of different marks using a selection of stencils and green and grey distress inks.

I used an Indigo Blu map stamp of part of the English Lake District and the one of their heart stamps to stamp on an actual map of the Lake District.

The words were printed out using my label maker.

The photo is one taken on a recent walk at Lyme Park where we got a little muddy, as I led hubby into a very muddy field. The photo was taken once we were back on the pathway!

I am using stamps over at Art Journal Journey and Elizabeth's theme 'What's Your Style' and Indigo Blu are part of my journey into stamping.

As usual the TIOT theme is open for two weeks, hope to see you, although I am having difficulties making comments on blogs. 

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! The shadow photo is amazing and looks wonderful against all those layers; so lovely to be inspired by your walks too 😀. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Awesome page that makes a sweet Valentine card.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great photo Chris, and I love how you used that as the centerpiece of your page. You created a gorgeous background too. I like how you didn't go pink or red (and I wish I hadn't after seeing this). And this is perfect for Elizabeth's challenge too. Hope the new week is going well. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Hear-warming. and what a lovely photo!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, and I love your 'long legs' shadow photo and that's a wonderful quote to add.
(How lucky are your visiting the shop, I've seen photos and it looks magical)
Avril xx

Rita said...

A Great card Chris. Love that shadow. The background is excellent and a perfect base for your card theme. Hugs Rita xx

Rita said...

What a lovely page!! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw this over at the TioT blog, but haven't been able to make it here until now. There is nothing better about love than the two of you together in one shadow selfie. Loved how you stamped the hearts, too. This is a wonderful entry and its also good that you are going through your stamps and using them in order to honor Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Chris and i love the photo with the long shadows.
Its great inspiration for us at TioT's and at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! I love the photo!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Yes, this is your kind of art, so romantic and creative with the shadow photo of you two! I love it !
A good day dear, hugs, Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do love a shadow picture, there's definitely an air of romance in them. Beautifully introduced to your journal page. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs Tracey xx

Neet said...

Aaw Chris, that is a lovely page. Hows thoughtful of you to use a shadow picture of the two of you in this way and make it a tribute to your husband and your love for one another. Lovely page, lovely work.
Hugs, Neet xx (playing catch up)

Sharon Madson said...

Love everything about this, Chris!