Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 22 February 2022

Add Some Texture ar TIOT

Hi everyone, as you can see from my post title our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Add Some Texture'.

The Design Team have found lots of different ways to add texture.

My journal page started like this
I added white Fresco paint, lace and stamped a favourite Woodware stamp. I added more texture with a piece of black journal paper, some threads, a hessian flower and a die-cut stem. I stamped some Hobby Arts grasses at the bottom of the page and added some white pen marks.


Our challenge runs for the usual two weeks - I do hope you will join us.

I am also Linking to  'What's Your Style?' at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for looking, Chris





10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love how your final page looks nothing like you started off with Chris. You've added some great pieces that really give the page texture too. I like the hole punch strip a lot. Nice texture page for both TIOT and also perfect for Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. Hope this last week of February is going well for you. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you created so much texture! The layers of papers, paint, stamping and lace look so amazing - perfect for our challenge 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris! I love all the layers and texture!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page Chris. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

It was good to see the photos and those awesome layers of textures Chris. Great inspiration for the new TioT theme as well as AJJ.
I have just read the post about the river flood warning as well. I hope you are safe and the water is going down.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I wouldn't've recognized it. Cool! When I add more it always looks like too much. Yours is just right.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I loved seeing the various layers you used and all that texture you provided. This is an amazing entry and Bleubeard and I are thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

Neet said...

Definitely a lot of texture on here Chris, and so nicely done too. Love the lace addition.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fabulous pages and textures! xoxo

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love how you've built up the layers of textures with all the different elements.
Avril xx