Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 11 August 2020

T Stands for...time out, sometimes!

Hi everyone, I'm glad I saved some photos for today - we did go out last week but I had a bad experience and would rather not relive it today!
I will take you back to Lyme Park instead!
With the heat we are having I hope a walk in the wood will cool you down!
It was quite a warm day at the end of July and we decided to take another of the paths at Lyme Park that we have never been on(there are still a lot left too)
 First of all we walked along a path with a small wood on on side


 It had views out over to nearby Stockport


 There were quite a few of these 'dens' some with families playing in them
 We came through the gate into this shady wood
A lovely view of where had come from 
 This tree had fallen and uprooted






 We reached another gate at the far end of the wood but decided not to try and get back a different way...maybe another time!

 We got a better view of the mansion and the fallen tree




 Looking back through the gate
 The car park was quite full- this was around 3pm
I think in future we will be planning morning trips as a lot of folk are staying all day and it becomes quite busy!

 I told you that we had been on a picnic with my three sons and two of our grandchildren, here are some of the few photos I took.



 We tried to comply with the rules about not meeting in large numbers but as it happened another grandson and two partners couldn't come.
As you can see - from left to right, hubby then through from youngest, middle, with grandchildren to eldest, who spotted this great place by the lake
 The views were from opposite sides of the group, which as you can see were very well placed for social distancing!
 We went for a short walk afterwards


This is the bottom end of the whole lake which is quite long!

I hope you will forgive my choice for T Stands for Tuesday, where I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth

Yes, it's the coffee we had in Fletcher Moss Gardens - I enjoyed it so much it just has to be here this week too!

Just before I go I will show you what I did while 'watching' TV last night.
I'm usually quite shy about showing my doodle sketches but I'm quite pleased with some of these characters who just appeared in around 30 minutes of doodling.

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful photos and sketches. Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Enjoyed the photos of your walk and your picnic-beautiful spot
great sketches too Happy T wishes Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

what a beautiful place to walk and take in the surroundings Chris-your photos are so lovely! So nice you were able to safely gather and enjoy the company of family picnic style.
And I love your doodled faces- well done! Happy T day!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Happy T-Day! (I'm leaving a generic comment for everyone this week, because I'm very sore after each day's storm clean up efforts. Tropical Storm Isaias clobbered Connecticut US August 4, 2020.)

Eileen Bergen said...

Sorry for your bad experience, Chris. I've had two of those in our local Walmart. Some people are so inconsiderate. Then, if you try to enlighten them, they get nasty. "nuff said.

Beautiful photos! How nice you could have a family picnic. That looks like a lovely spot.

Your character sketches are very good - no excellent. I wouldn't call those doodles!

A couple of weeks ago you left a comment that it looks as though we have a similar pattern for our step count. I was very surprised because of the all the lovely walks you share on your blog. I figured you for a 10,000 steps a day gal! I'm feeling stronger and getting my step count back up. My goal is 4,000 a day. Most days I make it now. Yay!

Happy T-day and have a lovely week! Hugs, Eileen

Let's Art Journal said...

Looks like you had lovely weather and the countryside looks very inviting, I so enjoyed walking with you 😁. So lovely to enjoy time with your family! Your drawings look amazing too 😀. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

This looks like a beautiful spot for a picnic and to walk. With your family also, that has to be the best. I did enjoy today’s walk with you. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience on your other walk. I hope not bad enough to stop you from walking. I hope it was a wonderful T day Chris. Hugs Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Another lovely outing. I hope the walk in the wood was cooler and looks like a great place for a picnic. Wonderful faces. There was a 29 Faces in Sept. challenge. You would be off to a great start. Happy T Day

Iris Flavia said...

Great photos, I love when people share their loved ones and you can see there are real people writing a post (sadly I am not allowed to show pictures of my Nieces, SIL told me off).
Nice doodles, I start that soon, tooo, I found my old grafo :-)
Sad you had a bad experience. Lately I got nice ones... hugs from here and to better behaviour in others!

Sharon Madson said...

You are doing quite well with your sketching, I think. Lovely photos of your walk and gathering. I liked the distant photo of the mansion. Thanks for sharing. Happy Belated T Day!

DVArtist said...

This is such a pretty place. I would like to be there all the time.

Helen said...

great pics but sorry your previous walk wasn't good.