Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 10 August 2020

Finished page...

Hi everyone! As promised I have the journal page that I started for a five minute challenge.

Th page that was in my journal had been there a while but even though it had one of my favourite CI butterflies I just didn't know where it was going so...

...as part of the challenge...
..lots of stencilling with Distress Oxide inks and a little bit of random stamping before spattering it.
After the 5 minutes I removed one of the big spatters and lightly spritzed the page to blur the ink slightly.
The stamped image is still visible and I'm happier with the colours.
I stamped out the flowers from a new Olga Heldwein set by Aall and Create and coloured and fussy cut them.I also used up a piece of gelli printed paper to make some tags.
I was ready for the next 'see where I get in 5 minutes' session!


This is where I got to at the end of the five minutes

After that I used the pen to draw in some thread on the tags and to outline the flowers to make them stand out more.Compare with the finished page at the top of my post - I hope you agree!

I am entering at 

Art Journal Journey and Alison's 'Pockets and Tags' theme.

Penny Black and More August challenge 'Say It With Flowers'

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Your Favourite Tool  - it's my spatter brush again!

Oh! and a little reminder - our Try It On Tuesday theme 'Words and Numbers' is still running for another week.


Thanks for looking, Chris


8 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful page Chris

My name is Erika. said...

Nice big bouquet. And leaving it uncolored was a really smart idea! Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A lot of patience cutting those flowers but such a pretty finished project, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Penny Black and More 'Say it with Flowers' theme.

B x

Iris Flavia said...

WOW, I love this work! And the colors, too.
Thank you for sharing this, hugs!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

O, your artistic picture is beautiful, I love it with the cut out flower shapes and the tags. The colors as they represent it are also beautiful.
Have a nice week, hugs Elke

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous page Chris!
Thanks for linking it to my AJJ theme.
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris and thank you for linking to Alison's theme at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

You caught me out there Chris, I thought, when I first looked at this page, that it would be very interesting to see how you had created the whole thing in five minutes. Now I see what you meant.
It is a lovely page and I love how it progressed from the start of a butterfly.
Hugs, Neet xx