Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 24 August 2020

T Stands for......the woods and more....

Hi everyone, my plan to return with more of the woodland area at Fletcher Moss didn't work out! 

Here are some of the photos we took on the 13th August after our walk in the formal gardens.
Warning - I am fascinated by decay and fungi so feel free to skip the middle part!
 We could have taken this path...







 A little bit of brightness here



 We could also have taken this path



 I really love the dappled light here....
 ...and on the path
 As you can see it had rained heavily overnight
 Loved seeing the creases in this tree as it must have been pushed out of the way in it's youth
 We didn't see any more of this trail but I think the cafe may sell the route map!
 Potential crumble pudding here but it might be classed as stealing  so we didn't stop
 This is where we might venture next time

 We could also have tried this path...so much more to explore!

 We headed to the exit gate...
..and down the road to where we had parked our car.

I hope you can see why this has become my favourite place to visit at the moment!

It was our 20th Wedding Anniversary at the weekend - we didn't have plans to go out to celebrate so we ordered some of our complex chef's Fish and Chips on Friday.

Of course I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth of The Altered Booklover blog for T Stands for Tuesday.




Here's hubby sporting his new beard that I persuaded him to grow, he keeps threatening to shave it off so I'm not sure how long it will last.
We had our fish and chips with mushy peas and I added salt and vinegar to mine. They were definitely up to the usual standard!
We had our usual water to drink.

Our eldest son and his wife are in France at the moment working on their Manoir in the Dordogne.
They are on both Instagram and Facebook and I have found I can access both even though I am not on Facebook. It does ask if I want to join but I just click on the X
If you want to take a look at the manoir and it's surrounding area and the work they are doing (they are working so hard)it is called Manor Arc-en-Ciel or can be found through Google.
I am so looking forward to visiting next year (it was supposed to be this September!)

I have been in my craft room today and been quite productive but I will leave posting until tomorrow.

Thanks for looking, Chris

 

19 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Lots of choices for your walks-that's nice I enjoy see all the fungi too
Enjoyed all the photos-Happy T wishes Kathy

Mae Travels said...

Your walking paths look serene and enjoyable. The many shapes and colors of fungus and mushrooms make them tempting photo subjects, and you got some good shots.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Happy belated anniversary. I like the hubby's new goatee. And fungi is fascinating, isn't it? I don't think we're going to have much this year as it has been so dry so I enjoyed your photos. And I'm off to see the Manoir. Have a super T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You won't believe this, but my internet has been offline since about 3 pm my time. I'm glad I had my post ready to go, because I couldn't get online.

Happy belated anniversary. You must be so happy after 20 years with T. Too bad your plans to return to Fletcher Moss didn't pan out. But it was fun following all those paths with you. I am glad you showed the decay and fungi because that is new growth taking over from old dead trees.

Looks like you had a lovely anniversary meal. Now I'm hungry for fish and chips. Mushy peas sounds good, too. T looks good in his mustache and beard. Thanks for sharing your walk around Fletcher Moss and your anniversary meal and water with us for T this Tuesday dear friend.

Helen said...

hm first comment failed. Great pics, love the funghi! happy anniversary for last weekend. the fish and chips look good, but you can keep the mushy peas; no thank you!

Iris Flavia said...

That is quite some nice area where you live! Oh, and happy belated Anniversary.
You produce a Santa Clause there? 🎅
Hmmm, Salt and Vinegar, YUM! Happy T-day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy fish and chips, that's something I miss here! You can buy it, but it doesn't taste right. Wonderful pics from the woods, I love the Aaron's stab and the fungi. Happy belated anniversary! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Karen said...

I love seeing woodland shots and paths yet to be traveled on ~ Fungus is a bonus too! Fish and chips ~ Yum ~ Enjoy your week

Rita said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely place to wander and so many paths to choose that I can see why it has become a favorite place to return to. I am fascinated by fungus, mushrooms, and moss, too. ;)

LA Paylor said...

a day in the life... a glimpse of that day and the people who mean the most to you
LeeAnna

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful woodland walk and all the fungi look fabulous 😀. Your celebratory fish and chips looks so yummy! Happy belated anniversary wishes to you both and wishing you a very happy T Day too! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

What an inviting area for walking! Happy Anniversary :) I'll always say yes to fish and chips. Thanks for the link. I've "liked" their page. It looks like a wonderful experience for them. Happy T Tuesday!

Halle said...

First of all...Happy Anniversary! I enjoyed your decay photos very much. Strolls through the woods are the best...with the exception of the biting insects that tend to attack.
Happy T day!

Meggymay said...

Happy Anniversary wishes to you both. I hope you had a good day to celebrate. The fish and chips looked delicious.
The photos from your walk looked lovely, I can see why you like to visit there.
Happy T day Chris.
Yvonne xx

DVArtist said...

What a fabulous place and your photos are superb. What struck me is that there were no other humans around. A place like that here has hundreds of people. Hiking here is not fun. However, I do see why you like this place. Enjoy your evening.

Kate Yetter said...

Happy Anniversary! Your trip in the woods like a fun and exploratory time. I LOVED seeing all the fungi. Mushrooms are so fun to look at and eat.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful walking paths. I love seeing all of the green. Happy Belated T-Day!

Lisca said...

What a beautiful walk.
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Manoir Arc-en-Ciel. I enjoyed looking at the photos of their project. What a job! But I can identify with them as we have been in a similar situation. Only they are a lot younger and will get the job done at some stage. I assume they live in France permanently, and that they work from home. Good luck to them. It looks absolutely wonderful!
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the walk in the woods. So many different paths and scenery. I enjoyed seeing the goings on a Manoir Arc en Ciel. A lot of work, but I"m sure it will be gorgeous when it's finished. What a lovely vacation spot you will have to visit. Happy Anniversary! 🍷💐 and Happy T Day, too. ☕