Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 8 August 2020

Tiny Tag...

Hi everyone, I seem to have lifted myself out of the rut I had got into - I wasn't really in the frame of mind for crafting although I have been doing 5 minutes a day for an Instagram challenge set by Tiffany Goff Smith of Southern Gals Designs.
I'll show you some later.

I have started looking through my journals for unfinished pages - of course I found quite a few!!
This was in my Kraft journal, the pages are quite thin so I glue two pages together.
I had already used a flower stencil to ink thorough and to add some clear gloss gel medium.Unfortunately I don't have a photo of this.
I added distress inks in Ground Espresso and Vintage Photo,then more stencilling using fluorescent yellow and turquoise. I used the turquoise paint to rub over one of the flowers and then polished it to remove the paint from the gloss medium. I added the words, two on a tag and 2 on the page.
I stamped the butterflies and a random text stamp,and splattered everything with the paint. 
I then had to go over 'Rise above as I had covered it in paint - I clearly need to do more splattering!!!
I just used my Aall and Create boxes for the stencils and stamps as they were handiest!

I hope my tiny tag is enough to enter Alison's choice of theme 'Pockets and Tags' at Art Journal Journey

I am also entering the Favourite Tool challenge at Simon says Wednesday Challenge as I used my beloved spatter brush!

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Chris. Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

Your little tag really pops on this page Chris. Great words in this strange times.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

Finishing up those pages sounds like a great idea Chris. This one came out super. I also like the idea of doing those finishing quickly! Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

it has become a wonderful site!
Have a good new Week, hugs Elke

Meggymay said...

The little tag really pops from the page Chris. Its good to have some pages in the waiting mode for when we feel like creating art. Thank you for linking to Alison's AJJ theme
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous pge for my theme at AJJ Chris!
Alison xx