Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 17 August 2020

A tag and a pocket!

That's what this post is all about!
I found the background in one of my larger journals - no idea how it began but I had added some texture paste through a stencil and some smudged white paint
 I used some Stamperia paper to make a pocket and added some Tim Holtz text and squares to the pocket and the page.
Next came the die cuts, a combination of Aall and Create and Tim Holtz wildflowers and a Tim Holtz quote.

Next came the tag - once again I don't recall how the background was made. I added some gesso through a piece of sequin waste, added some text, the beautiful Tim Holtz bluebird and a piece of die cut stem from my scrap bag.

I made this for 

Alison's Pockets and Tags theme at Art Journal Journey.

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Grunge It Up

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Midsummer Blues

More Mixed Media Monthly - optional Brights, I am hoping that my bright green stems at the centre are enough to count as brights even though I know it isn't essential!


Thanks for looking, Chris



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Chris, and yes, it's definitely bright enough for our brights at MMM! Thanks for joining us there! Have a great week, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is a cool spread Chris. That texture paste really gives a nice break to the blue. Thanks for joining into Alison's challenge at Art Journal Journey again. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

I love this page Chris! great pocket, and the tag is fab!

jenclair said...

I love finding inspiration and ideas that can translate into other projects! Thanks for sharing!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great texture, pocket and tag! XOX

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous colours and textures, I love this page Chris! Thanks for another great entry for my theme at AJJ.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love it when you come across a background previously worked on and you know it will fit in with just what you want to achieve, beautiful piece Chris it was all just waiting to become this creation. Hugs Tracey xx

Neet said...

What a great find that background page was and how lovely it is now that you have decorated it. The Stamperia paper was perfect wasn't it?
Love that tag and the way it sits with the diecuts.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope I'm not too late for you to see this comment. I'm trying to play catch up after my internet was offline for nine days.

Don't you love it when you start a page and set it aside to wait for it to speak to you? This one certainly did. It's amazing. I LOVE the texture you created with the texture paste. This is a gem, and I'm thrilled you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme.

Sandra Wright. said...

What a fabulous page, love the layout and the scrummy elements.Great colour combination too.
Thank you so much for joining us at More Mixed Media..x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous background and pocket Chris.
Sorry I am late calling in.
Yvonne xx