Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 18 August 2020

T Stands For...The New Favourite...

Hi everyone! It didn't last...the heatwave that is! Last Wednesday it was so hot I hardly got anything done but as the week wore on the temps dropped again and now it is pleasantly warm but with with a few stormy looking clouds around!
  This is what we looked at the morning after our walk but it's not there where I going today.

You may remember that the other week we took some things to the charity shop and then went to Fletcher Moss Gardens? 
Well, last Thursday we did the same again - we still have more bags of 'stuff' to take but are aware that so do a lot of other folk and it's not fair to overload the shops at the moment!

I was really looking forward to going back, not just for the coffee that is going to give me my ticket back into T Stands For Tuesday over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover but for the gardens that I have fallen in love with!

There were still lots of empty benches when we got there and as it was a hot day we ordered an ice-cream to share too.
Just in case you were wondering - Cappuccinos  and the icecream is Raspberry Ripple flavour..and was delicious!
Sorry, the mug shot is me this week...hubby said it's only fair!!!

We sat and watched the World go by for a while under the shade of the trees and I ate my third and passed two thirds to hubby. My blood is down and so is my weight and I intend it staying that way!

So, back to the garden, it really is such a lovely spot!


 Because it is in a hollow it is warm enough for tropical plants such as these palm trees









We saw this red in the tree opposite so went to get a closer look!






 We took some different steps up and down and sometimes retraced our steps so saw some different areas.
Does anyone know what these are?

 Do you remember this from my previous visit - it looks different again from this angle.
















 After the delights of the formal Rose Garden, where we sat in the sun for a while, we headed to the woods...by another different path..
I took over 80 photos in here so I will just show you what made me smile and I'll try to get back here before the end of the week!


Aren't they beautiful?

Sorry if you have been here far too long.
Thanks for staying and looking, Chris

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice photo! Coffee and ice cream is always good. The pics of the garden are gorgeous, thanks for sharing. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

what beautiful photos! I was only thinking i hadn't seen raspberry ripple ie cream for years - I really want some now! So pleased you shared this gorgeous outing with us.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, the gardens are lush and beautiful I loved "going" there again with you Your ice cream sounds delicious-congrats on the weight loss and low sugars. I lost another pound so was excited about that today.
thanks for sharing all of the pretty views Happy T Kathy

Eileen Bergen said...


I love the mug shot as much as hubby's comment - lol. I can see why you love these gardens so much. I wish I could take a walk there some day. I've put it on my bucket list.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I commented awhile back how it looked like you had lost weight. Now I know for sure. Congrats. I know where it went. To my hips!!!

Beautiful photos of the gardens. I always love seeing the glorious photos you share on your walks through these gardens you so love to visit.

Raspberry ripple. I haven't had that for years. Cappuccino and ice cream are a dream come true. Thanks for sharing these incredible photos with us, as well as your drinks and ice cream for T this Tuesday. Hope you can soon get your surplus to the thrift store, too. Loved your mug shot (grin)!!

Mae Travels said...

Your photos portray such a pleasant and cooling set of paths. Raspberry ripple does seem like a very retro flavor, not like Chubby Hubby Or Chunky Monkey, which would be unacceptable here! Even if delicious.

Be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I was looking forward to your walk this week and it didn't disappoint. And I think it was good to see your mugshot. You look like you are enjoying that raspberry ripple ice cream. Yum. Hope it was a great T day. hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Gorgeous photos Chris!!!! Just so relaxing and beautiful! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

CJ Kennedy said...

Another wonderful outing. With all the walking you'll burn off that raspberry ripple quickly. Beautiful scenery, that large tree branch with the vines looks like an elephant. Happy T Day

Rita said...

Nice to see you! And to go on an excursion with the two of you is always delightful. :)

Linda Kunsman said...

The gardens are so beautiful!! And so nice to see your lovely face enjoying a bit of your ice cream treat. Happy T day!

DVArtist said...

Oh what a nice day. The gardens are beautiful. Have a nice evening.

Iris Flavia said...

Love to read "an ice-cream to share" - we always share, also.
And to watch the world go by is the best!
Beautiful pics, looks like an elephant, the tall... bush?
Monday I´ll check our botanic garden (was closed every time) - thank you for sharing and sorry I´m late!

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me to the gardens again. They are so beautiful.
You coffees look yummy and the ice cream too. I love raspberry ripple and for a moment I thought that the last third was for me, but no, you hubby gets two thirds. Quite right too!
You look very well, and I can understand you want to keep your weight down. Keep walking!
I'm sorry I'm late in commenting. My laptop has decided it does no longer wants to use Chrome or Internet Explorer and I have not been able to comment. I have an iPhone but I've tried commenting before and most comments don't arrive. So I am looking for someone to do me a blog on Wordpress (the free version). If you know of anyone who could do that for me and is reasonably priced, please let me know. I have tried myself but I have not succeeded.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Anne (cornucopia) said...

That ice cream flavor sounds delicious. Congratulations on getting your weight down. (I still need to do that.) The plants and trees in that garden are fantastic. It's amazing palm trees can grow at your latitude / longitude. Happy Belated T-Day!

Sharon Madson said...

Thank you for the lovely virtual walk! You take the best photos. And, I am so glad your hubby decided that we should see you! :)
Happy Belated T Day!