Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 August 2023

'Where in The World?'

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to say, it’s my turn to host at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks to Alison for hosting last month, I had more pages than I had time to post.

 I’m looking forward to indulging in a little bit of travelling via your journal pages, as my theme is ‘Where In the World?’

August is traditionally a holiday month in the UK but I would also like to see places, people and customs, in fact anything memorable about 
your chosen destinations, please tell us where they are.

It can be somewhere you have visited, but doesn’t have to be.

My first page has a split world map, some washi tape images and some stamped post marks using my Kraft journal

Of these places I have only visited one - Prague, which I loved. I would like to visit Milan one day but have abandoned thoughts of visiting New York, in fact anywhere that involves a long plane journey.

I hope you will enjoy your trips…..please remember, NO cards, tags or ATCs - if you’re not sure please check the RULES.

Thanks for looking, Chris



 

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely first entry, Chris. When I think of New York City, I often think it must be a bit like my vision of London. However, NYC is really dirty in spots and there are pockets of genuine wealth and pockets of pure poverty. I hoope you get to do some arm chair traveling this month and maybe soak up some memories in the process. Thanks for hosting this month at AJJ and for choosing Where in the World.

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for a lovely challenge,Chris. A wonderful theme for me! Your journal page is fabulous, lots of places that I love....Have a great challenge month, have fun. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love how you split the map and added those postage stamped images. You have a great collection of postmarks. It makes a really great page. And what a nice way to start the month and your challenge. I'm looking forward to it. Happy August Chris. hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

Interesting travelling places. Prague and Milan are familiar to me.
Happy weekend xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great theme Chris we all have memories are dreams of place we have or have not visited. Love your use of the map and those fabulous postmarks they always look so effective. Look forward to seeing more as you take us on your journal journey. Hugs Tracey x

mvmaithai said...

Just discovered your blog from a comment on mine. This is a great theme. I actually wrote a post about memories of NYC a few weeks ago. Love NYC! You can shorten the plane ride by having stops.

Have yet to visit Milan and Prague.