Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 29 August 2023

T Stands for the last few days in Normandy

 Hi everyone, we're here again for T Stands For Tuesday where we share drinks over at The Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

My drink was one I had when we visited the area around Camembert. Everyone else had coffee but I wanted a cold drink so I had a lemonade. I hadn't intended buying cake but when I saw my favourite, Tarte Framboise I couldn't resist.

 This was in Vimoutiers another village that produces Camembert cheese


In the square with this beautiful church at the far end.

The cow and statue of Marie Harel who was born in Vimoutiers, she was the woman credited with bringing the recipe for Camembert from a monk she met fleeing from the revolution.




We had a little walk around.



From here we went on to Camembert to the museum which is by the factory
Included in the entry price was a tasting of three different aged Camembert cheeses - we had this at the end of the tour(we had already eaten the  youngest)







There were so many boards full of different Camembert cheese boxes - Isigny is one of my favourites.

It was  a really interesting museum

The next day we moved on to another gîte in Brittany while our friends went back to their home in Poitiers.
On our first day in Brittany we visited Carnac, a beautiful town by the sea.
There was a market in full swing, which we really enjoyed as we had missed out on the one in St Pierre!




There was a little church in the square 






It was beautiful but our real treat was to come after lunch.

That's all for now, we have had a very busy day and need an early night as tomorrow we have to get our car to the garage very early.

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The museum looks wonderful! I loved all your photos of the towns and the museum.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

That camembert cheese factory and museum look fabulous. What a fun thing to do. And that cow statue is great. Your raspberry tart looks yummy too. And with so many great photos, it's easy to not comment on them all, but I must say those stained glass windows look so pretty with the light coming through them. I hope you had a great T day.Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love Camembert cheese, so I was mesmerized by the factory and the wonderful photos you took there. Love the various labels.

Your visits to those cathedrals/churches made me wish I was there with you. I am always so in awe of how different your churches are there than here in the states.

Your lemonade looks great, but your Tarte Framnboise looks even better. Thanks for taking us to Vimoutiers and Camembert and sharing your churches and museum with us for T this Tuesday dear Chris.

Amila said...

It's fascinating to learn about the cow and the statue of Marie Harel, a remarkable woman with such a significant role in Camembert's history. Her connection with the monk and the revolution adds an intriguing layer to the story. Thanks for the share. Happy belated T day!

DVArtist said...

Wow! What a fabulous place. It is so beautiufl there and the market looks wonderful. Thank you for shairng.

Kate Yetter said...

The churches are gorgeous! There is SO much history throughout the country.
I have never heard or had Camembert cheese but I love cheese. I will have to see if they sell it anywhere where I can purchase it.
That tart looks amazing!
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate