Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 17 August 2023

Carrying On

 Hi everyone, this is going to be a short post. I have injured my right arm - not sure exactly how but hubby and I did some pruning of overhanging Buddleia yesterday afternoon   -  my arm started to hurt yesterday evening and after a painful night's sleep this morning I have pain right down my arm and hubby had to help me get dressed.

Fortunately I have quite a few journal pages already made for my 'Where In the World' theme at Art Journal Journey

This one is a reminder of our trip to Whitby last year.


We crossed the river and went to visit the ruined Abbey

I covered the page with inks and paint added with a sponge to give some texture. I added some gothic text through a stencil and then stamped images by Crafty Individuals, one directly to the page and others on coloured papers and then adde some stamped script from the same set.

WHITBY was stamped using Tim Holtz letters.

The stamped title under the Abbey image didn't show up too well so that was stamped onto more paper.

Hubby will add more pics..












Sorry folks that's it, you can see more of our trip here if you haven't already.

Thanks for looking, Chris 

9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page especially those Gothic letters. I hope you're arm feels better

Helen said...

love the photos from Whitby - somewhere I've never been and would love to. hope your arm is better soon.

Gillena Cox said...

Hope your arm heals quickly. Thanks for today's post

Much💖love

My name is Erika. said...

I just love old ruins. I love walking through history, and ruins are the ultimate way to do that, aren't they? Thanks for sharing these photos Chris. I love your page too. Hope the arm feels better ASAP. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

I love Whitby, it's a fabulous place to visit! Lovely photos and page Chris.
I hope your arm heals quickly.
Alison

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel for you and your arm pain. I know the feeling you are going through. I hope yours improves faster than mine did.

I was really impressed with Whitby Abby. Those ruins are incredible. I love how you treated them on your journal page. Thanks for this amazing entry using your theme at AJJ. Please get well soon.

Rostrose said...

Oh dear Chris, I'm so sorry you're in pain - probably Overuse Syndrome. Your journal page with Whitby's ruined Abbey looks mystical! In general, it seems to be a great building. I wish you get better soon!
All the best from Austria and have a nice weekend
Traude
🌼❤️🌼

Neet said...

Love Whitby, Love your page and Love the CI stamps (I have that set too).
Sorry to hear about your eye, if you injure an eye the pain is intense and I had that on authority from the Manchester Eye Hospital when I did mine once. Hope its better now,
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

Sorry to read that you have hurt your arm Chris, I hope you are not in to much pain. I have enjoyed my catch up, the mini journal kit looks great and of course I enjoyed seeing the pages you are creating for your journal and this one about a visit to Whitby brings me many memories.
Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne