Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 22 August 2023

Going Outside at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone, we have a new topic at Try It on Tuesday - 'Let's Go Outside' - something we have been able to do without getting a soaking lately.

We want to know what there is outside in your entries, some of you may have had trips a way from home to inspire you but it could be something as simple as stepping outside your door. Please take a look here at the Design Team inspiration.

My page could be anywhere - we love to visit gardens and this page also reminds me of our garden when we owned a caravan. We have a communal garden here at our retirement complex but not so many song birds.


It may not look it but this is in my mini journal (bought at a Makers Market from lovely Kay) and I am so glad I have a little storage system with my journaling kit as I made this page by resting my poorly arm on a cushion and diving into my plastic wallet and tins to make this page from Washi tape, text ticket, book image and book text.
It is the one I usually take to coffee shop journaling sessions with friends.
This is my kit, the little bag came from ASDA and I added another insert to give me two more pockets.

Here is what is inside
It may not look much - as you can see I also have a small pair scissors, and two mini archival inks on black and brown and another even smaller journal(centre)

I have a few lengths of Washi tape wrapped around some old craft packaging,a mini glue stick the old sweet tins contain small images, scraps of journal fodder and words cut from magazines and books as well as some small word stamps. There is also a 4 colour pen and a sticky ended 'picker upper' for small pieces.

The journal also has plastic wallet style storage for more scraps.

I hope you will join us at Try It On Tuesday this time, please 'Let's Go Outside' and share how you have been inspired.

I am also joining Art Journal Journey where I am hosting with my theme 'Where In The World?'

Thanks for looking, Chris

I am not being paid to mention these products  - just very happy to be using them

11 comments:

Viv said...

Love this little page Chris - saw a Greenfinch yesterday whilst out at the local woods!

Rita said...

Wow! You can really pack a ton of supplies in that little bit of a bag!
Pretty page, too. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly know how to pack a lot in a small amount of space. Most impressive. Of course, I love your little birds, too. That background is wonderful and filled with lovely layers. It is also a great page for your theme at AJJ.

I refuse to go outside today. It is 107 F (41.67 C) and that is not even the feels like temp, which is higher due to our high humidity.

My name is Erika. said...

That little journal works great, doesn't it? And I like your carry everything pouch too. You are right about this page; it could be anywhere, and I really like the birds too. Hugs-Erika

Pia S said...

Your bird page is so beautiful! I'm also really excited about your little kit - I'm impressed how much you were able to fit in there. And I love the idea of bringing it with you to be able to sit down creating whereever you might be. Very inspiring!

Neet said...

You are so organised and I can see connections with your friend Sarah here. What a nifty little package you have there for use when you go on your travels. What size is the book please? I think a visit to this Kay is in order.
Sorry to hear your arm is still sore. Hope it heals soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

I love your outside pages Chris and that journal is a gem to have close by.
Yvonne xx
p.s. had a great catch up read this morning.
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Such a beautiful from nature page!Very nice!!!
Get well soon for your arm, hug Elke

Bonnie said...

Bird watching is my favorite outside activity and I love your journal page! Your little wallet is so well organized! It sounds like fun to go to a coffee shop and build your journal. Thanks so much for the warm welcome at Try it on Tuesday!

Mrs.B said...

A tad late with my comments - but I love this page, you've added so many details on such a small page. We get Greenfinches in the garden feeding on the nuts and coconuts, such a pleasure to watch.
Love your little storage system - WOW you certainly get a lot in there.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A very beautiful page Chris and even more so that it is so small, so cute with the beautiful bird and all that washi. You have a wonderful on the go set up.
Happy crafting hugs Tracey x