Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 27 August 2023

The Italian Job

Hi everyone, my latest page for my 'Where In The World' theme at Art Journal Journey is about somewhere we have visited.

Some of you may remember when hubby and I did a 7 Cities in 7 Days tour of Italy back in October 2013 The first of the posts I did is here, and I made several more if you click 'newer posts'

It was a fantastic opportunity to see so many places but exhausting too, with 3 hotel changes and lots of early mornings to take bus trips. We certainly won't be taking another trip like it

My page has images of Rome and Venice

I used some watercolour paint to give a smudgy spattered background then used some wrapping paper that I bought while in Italy - it has Leonardo da Vinci images and writing all over it. I added tape, some stamping and the two images that came from some designer paper.

Hubby and I have been reminiscing about our two trips(yes, we returned to Florence and Rome the following year) and have started to consider a trip to Southern Italy.

Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Sunday Chris

Much💖love

CJ Kennedy said...

7 cities in 7 days reminds me of the movies, “If It’s Tuesday, it must be Belgium” I like the sepia tones of your page.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful Journal page from Italien!

My name is Erika. said...

Lovely journal page Chris. I have never made it to Venice but I have been to Rome, Naples and Florence. Boy that bus trip you took does sound exhausting. I hope you do get to visit southern Italy. It’s on my wish list too. If you went I could see your photos and decide where on the wish list to put it. Smile. Happy new week Chris. Hugs Erika

Neet said...

Motto Bello. I love Italy so this page is 'just up my street' (wish it was) and St Marks Square brings back lots of lovely memories.
I know what you mean about a tour holiday - we did China years ago and it certainly was tiring, especially getting up very early for flights etc.
Thanks for a lovely challenge
Hugs, Neet xx

Rika said...

stunning page!