Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 August 2023

Singing at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone, we have a new theme at Try It On Tuesday and despite the title of my post you don't have to sing! The title though is 'Sing A Song', and as you can see from the Design Team there are different ways of looking at this theme.


I'm thinking of Frank Sinatra here but I was prompted to make this page  by finding out that our Film Club here at our retirement complex was to be "Serendipity' this week. One of my all time favourite films starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale set in New York.

A while ago hubby had bought the Stamperia Statue of Liberty stamp, the paper with the green statue is in a paper collection I have had for a while.

I remembered that Tim Holtz had some New York street names somewhere - wasn't sure whether it was a stamp or paper, as you can see it is paper.

I made a background with a stencil and Distress ink and added some gold spray.

I didn't trust my handwriting to write the song title so I used Print Shop on my computer. The apples are from some PET tape that a friend gave me.

I hope you will sing along with us for this new theme at TIOT.

If you are interested here is a trailer for 'Serendipity'

Thanks for looking, Chris

I am also adding this to Art Journal Journey where I am hosting this month with 'Where In The World' as my theme

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great song Chris, and also a perfect way to also make a page for AJJ. I love that big Statue of Liberty stamp, and it's perfect. Have a super day. hugs-Erika

Joan said...

Great choice Chris and a fabulous collage


Joan x

Valerie-Jael said...

Great choice of a song and good idea to make a combi page which fits your challenge at AJJ, too! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Rostrose said...

Dear Chris,
you have designed a beautiful page!
I like the film "Serendipity" very much, I've seen it several times, I also like Frank Sinatra's New York New York (but it's better I don't try to sing it ;-)). AND I hope that one day I will see the Statue of Liberty with my own eyes - it has fascinated me since I was a child.
All the best
Traude
🌼🪴🍀🌻❤️🌼🪴🍀🌻
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/ruckblick-auf-den-rostrosen-sommer-2023.html

Mrs.B said...

That's a great song for your inspirational journal page Chris, love the Statue of Liberty stamp, makes a great background feature with the images and place names.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page to illustrate the song Chris and super details to connect it to the film as well.
Yvonne xx

Viv said...

Super page Chris!