Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 August 2023

T Stands for - The little things..and a Surprise Garden

Hi everyone, after our delightful lunch last week we headed back Vendeuvre, a small commune where our gîte was situated.

We went to visit Chateau Vendeuvre which houses the largest (we were told)collection of miniature furniture.

It was well set out and we spent some time looking at the exhibits which were all in large glass cases on the ground floor.

I do hope that this is suitable for my ticket to T Stands for Tuesday this week. It was small but so beautifully detailed.
I am of course joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover. 











Upstairs was slightly different - some exhibits were on tables, some behind glass or under glass domes, they were larger than downstairs but attention to detail was fantastic










This made us giggle a bit

We had been told that there was a Surprise Garden so of course we had to go and look.


Beautiful...and then we came to the surprise part!
Sensors triggered off water features, some which came close to soaking us if we didn't move fast enough - this one turned in to a mist tree. 
This squirted water onto the path by the archway
Our friend trying to dodge the jets of water

This was a viewpoint circle

I was just deciding which direction to make a run for it!

We got used to hearing shrieks as we went round knowing that someone else had had a soaking!It really was fun!
We went on to visit the kitchen
There was also a shell house

I can't imagine how many shells they had to collect to make these walls
They also had mazes, topiary and a lake




I hope you realise that I could go on for ever with the delights of this chateau but I'll leave you with a shot of the chateau from the car park across the road

Thanks for being patient if you have reached the end of this post, Chris






13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely place, those dolls houses and contents are wonderful, as are the gardens.Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Those displays are delightful!

The gardens and walkway look like a refreshing setting for these hot days.

Happy T Tuesday!

CJ Kennedy said...

The miniatures are amazing. Just beautiful in their detail. How fun in the Surprise Garden. The grounds of the chateau look amazing. You always find the most interesting gardens and places to visit. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

What a fun place! The garden with the water features would be delightful for children to play in.
Interesting miniature displays. I would love that tea set and chess table. Such lovely detail on all the items. Looks like a fun trip.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, there sure is a LOT to see? One could spend all day there, also beautiful gardens. Happy T-Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The Chicago Art Museum has an entire floor devoted to miniatures, but theirs were all in well detailed rooms. These miniatures you shared felt more hodge podge. I certainly enjoyed seeing them, though.

Loved seeing various parts of the Surprise Garden, and loved the formal maze garden. That shell house was truly something. I am sure you really enjoyed this chateau. I know I enjoyed your photos of it. Thanks for sharing the amazing Chateau Vendeuvre with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Mae Travels said...

I adore miniatures, and have quite a few, though I gave away quite a few of my favorites to my granddaughters a few years ago. I would love to visit there. I prefer things that are arranged as if they are to be lived in by miniature people, rather than shown as collections. I’ve seen the rooms of miniatures in Chicago that Elizabeth mentioned, and also I’ve seen the 400 year old dollhouses in the Reichsmuseum in London. Both collections are fabulous! This also looks like a must-see.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Amila said...

Wow, visiting Chateau Vendeuvre sounds like a fascinating experience! The largest collection of miniature furniture must have been a sight to behold. It's fantastic that the exhibits were well displayed in large glass cases, allowing you to appreciate the intricate details up close.

And a Surprise Garden sounds delightful! I can imagine the excitement of exploring it. Gardens often hold hidden treasures and unexpected wonders. I hope it turned out to be a beautiful and enjoyable surprise.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at Chateau Vendeuvre. Wishing you many more exciting explorations and discoveries on your travels! Happy adventuring! Happy T day too!

My name is Erika. said...

That is an amazing collection of miniature furniture. I really enjoyed seeing it, and the T related items too. And that is a great little video of the Madame enjoying her tea. How fun. It looks like you had a great visit, and that means we do too. I hope it was a great T day Chris. hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

What an amazing collection og miniature furniture and accessories - I think the accessories are even more interesting and fascinating. I also like the surprise garden, but my favorite today was that beautiful kitchen.

nwilliams6 said...

Oh wow. Such detailed tiny works - amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing these pictures of the miniture furniture, outfits, and dishes, Chris. The surprize garden looks fun. Is that Henry I see over the gate in the last picture? Fun looking trip and lovely photos. Happy T-day and hugz

Sharon Madson said...

What a lot of miniature furniture! I think the tea set is definitely a great ticket to TSFT! Lovely gardens! I loved the tree tunnel. Happy T Day!

Helen said...

what gorgeous displays inside, and i loved the gardens. bet the sprays are welcome on hot days for visitors.