Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 16 August 2023

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 741

 It's been a while since I showed my desk or looked at any others so  for this week at least I can join in at Julia's blog the Stamping Ground, where we can get to see what WOYWWers are doing at their desks.

There's a bit of preparation going on.


 I have had to cut down am A6 journal to fit my Travel Journal cover - just couldn't find the size I needed. the bits are still on my desk - not sure whether to try some paper weaving or just do the sensible thing and put them in the paper recycle bin.

I started by adding some colour to one of the pages before I stick it down to make a pocket.

Of course you must know that I wouldn't be doing this without a trip in the near future. Yes, we're off again soon and I want to be prepared .

I'm not neglecting my Design Team duties - the dooodled square page to the left is hiding my latest page for Art Journal Journey. To the left a sample sheet of Daniel Smith paints. I have a few DS paints but the colours here are some I wouldn't usually choose.

I'm nipping out for a little while but I'll be back to visit later.

Thanks for looking,Chris

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you again Chris. Love the doodling. Good luck sorting the journal before your trip. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Chris, I'm late today as we've been to the fish farm this morning. Greast to see you again. Hope you manage to get sorted before your trip. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

Glenda said...

It's always nice to take a little trip! I too would require crafting supplies to go along! Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!
Glenda #18

CJ Kennedy said...

I love looking at other's desks to check out the cool tools and bits and stuff.

Helen said...

shows how well I read what you'd written!! I don't have my glasses on , is my (feeble) excuse....

Helen said...

hmm my first comment didn't publish so now what I wrote above doesn't make sense....
Glad you were able to cut your journal to fit the cover. then I said did that mean a trip was on the way... oh dear. Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey Chris, how lovely to see your name on the list today! Looks like you’re having fun getting ready for your trip, a travel journal sounds such a good idea. I wouldn’t bother with the paper scraps though, sounds like something that would be forever falling out and annoying you! Hope you’re keeping well, have a wonderful time away xx
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

BJ said...

Lovely little journal, think I'd go with recycling for the offcuts. I save most bits but those are quite narrow. I quite like the paint palette, but then I just like colours. Hugs BJ#5

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Where are you headed to this time, dear Chris? I bet it's somewhere I am goping to love. I like those colors you have on the page, but that's because they are my favorites. I always love seeing you here, dear. Your desk is always one I could spend hours looking at. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Rita said...

It's probably worth cutting it down to Travelers size.
Enjoy your trip! :)

Robyn said...

love those dot cards- such a fun way to try new colors!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

get well soon for your arm and your posting with the journal page turned out fantastic and the photos are great.
Hug Elke

Neet said...

So clever of you to cut it down to the correct size for the cover. Hope you are well on your way to setting off by now. Look forward to hearing of the travels of you both and what you have to eat and drink along the way.
Enjoy!
Hugs, Neet 3 xx