Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Neat and Tidy at TIOT

Good Morning, We are getting 'Neat and Tidy' with our new theme at Try It On Tuesday, putting things in their place, lining things up and after getting messy for our last theme we are getting organised now.
The Design Team have some great takes on this theme - Please do take a look here!

I made a Birthday card.
I used some plain washi tape I bought a while ago with the intention of stamping words on to it but so far haven't done any! The tape is out of it's box now so who knows what I'll get round to!

I put some stripes down the card, using two of my favourite colours then across the card, using some a small scrap of washi tape to get the spacing right.
I stamped and fussy cut one of my favourite Crafty Individuals butterflies and stamped the sentiment onto more white card.
I positioned the butterfly with it's body in line with one of the stripes.

As usual the challenge is for two weeks. I hope you can join us at TIOT - if you need to remind yourself about the rules etc, they are here.

Thanks for looking, Chris




8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful idea Chris. have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous card! I love your neat and tidy tape technique your used on the background and the butterfly finishes it so beautifully 😀. Thanks for the inspiration! Take care and Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

Definitely looks neat and tidy...and pretty. ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Impressive use of washi tape. I like how you spaced the tape, too. Clever. And who doesn't LOVE a butterfly? This turned out great.

My name is Erika. said...

You did a wonderful job of getting the tape lied up in a neat and tidy way. What a super idea for the newest challenge Chris. hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A great card Chris, the washi tape makes a great background. I like that you left the butterfly uncoloured, makes it pop against the background.
Avril xx




Joan said...

Fab card Chris, love that tape, at first glance I thought you had woven ribbon, it makes a great background to your blck and white butterfly

Joan x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card Chris, its a lovely butterfly image you used and the woven background looks so neat.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx